INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track order over DLNA?  (Read 4793 times)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
Track order over DLNA?
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:09 pm »

I just got a Samsung SmartTV and am using MC 18.0.67. The TV picked up MC right away and I love how easy it is to access my library!

Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to get tracks to display in track order when I pick an album, either via artist-album or directly under album - it's always alpha order. Suggestions?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Track order over DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:39:33 am »

My installation of MC serves tracks in track number order OK, but I can't remember whether I had to explicitly sort by track number or whether MC did it itself by default, I'm not at my MC computer right now so I can't look.  Anyway, try altering your DLNA view to sort by track number and see whether that works - you could also download a basic UPnP/DLNA client to see what happens there.  (Doesn't Windows Media Player act as a DLNA controller now?  See if it will pick up your MC library and what order the tracks are displayed in).  If the server is returning the track sin the correct order then it is probably the TV's fault in re-ordering the tracks alphabetically instead of the order returned by the server, in which case there's nothing you can do to fix it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

csimon's got the handle on this. You can change the view to present it to the renderer any way you want but if it applies it's own alpha sort it won't matter. You might check to see if that is a configurable option in the TV settings. Also, are these part of an album? It really shouldn't override track order on an album.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »

... you could also download a basic UPnP/DLNA client to see what happens there.  (Doesn't Windows Media Player act as a DLNA controller now?  See if it will pick up your MC library and what order the tracks are displayed in).

WMP version 12 is indeed a UPnP Control Point. However you cannot use WMP12 for testing the order in which MC offers its tracks. This is because WMP12 downloads all the tracks from the server and then applies its own local sorting. And typically WMP12's local sorting does do it by track order...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up