INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Cover art for Network folder  (Read 1222 times)

Heuer

No Cover art for Network folder
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:43:18 am »

Hi

First day of playing with MC so still on a learning curve! All my movies are stored on a ReadyNAS Ultra and I successfully imported a folders worth by browsing to a mapped network drive "U:\HD Movies\". All cover art displayed perfectly. I then imported a second folder from the ReadyNAS but this time I browsed using a network link "\\ULTRANAS\media\My Videos\Kids\" and whilst the files are imported there is no cover art, just movie screen captures. If I click on each and ask MC to get the movie art it will do so. Am I doing something wrong or is MC limited in its network abilities in some way? I should add that my folder structure on the NAS is:

My Videos
     HD Movies
     Kids
     Classics
     etc

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: No Cover art for Network folder
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:25 pm »

You should probably consistently use one form of path, and not intermix the two.

MC stores the path information about media in a per-file field, [Filename].  It tests this field's value to determine if a file is considered missing (or the absence of an entry in the library to consider as an import candidate).  Note how MC sees these file paths as different:

U:\HD Movies\Batman
  \\ULTRANAS\media\My Videos\HD Movies\Batman

It also stores cover art, depending on media, relative to this file path, and the field [Image File] indicates where this cover art is located.  Cover art gets cached for media in MC's library.  It might be that by browsing via alternate paths that the cache lookup fails for the media, as the media isn't in MC's library (via alternate path).

Also, when using a UNC path, be sure the UNC path is writable so that cover art can be stored.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Heuer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:40 am »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I cleared the MC library and decided to try again using just the UNC paths (they are writeable) but with the same result. Does this mean the 'clear library' function does not fully clear the cache and the history of my map drive path still lingers? If so how can I get back to square one so I can set MC up with UNC paths (more secure in my view) - uninstall/reinstall?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »

When you cleared the library, did you also remove the non-UNC paths from Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up