INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you save your playlists to a server??  (Read 1015 times)

jb5200

• Recent member
Can you save your playlists to a server??
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:15:48 pm »

I have all of my music on a networked server running server 2008 and I have a laptop that I spent weeks going through and making playlists out of the 8000 songs I have.  Well, that laptop doesn't work with MC17.  What I mean by that is I get pops, clicks, skips with this laptop - It's a cheap Samsung with W8, I know that shouldn't matter.  So I brought out my old laptop which is a middle of the road W7 and connected it and no pops, clicks, skips.  Both computers have the exact same settings in MC17 and I went to task manager to make sure there wasn't another program running in the background that might contribute to the issues and none!

So my problem is I obviously can't use the W8 laptop but I have all of my playlists on that one and short of spending weeks to go through and re-create them again on the W7 laptop I thought I would just save the playlists on the network server and then load them on the W7 computer.  Is this possible?? 

I thought about maybe trying to uninstall/reinstall MC17 on the W8 laptop but wouldn't I lose my playlists anyway?  This is driving me crazy!

Thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can you save your playlists to a server??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:47:39 pm »

You should be able to backup your library with the playlists, and restore the library on the other machine(s).  If the file locations are different, you'll have to fix-up the file paths (see Moving Files in the Wiki).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up