INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Cant use volume levelling  (Read 875 times)

billg

• Recent member
Help! Cant use volume levelling
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:04:39 pm »

Im trying to set volume level adjustment down but when I check the Volumne Leveling option I get the message "Output stopped or current playback doesn't support processing".

I'm playing to a PS Audio PWD DAC over ethernet. I don't use a preamp. Currently this gives too much volume and I have to set the volume to low levels at times (say 30%).
I've tried changing the output modes to no avail (currently using ASIO). Currently set to "System Volume". This setup synchs the output levels shown on MC and the DAC. I assume it's giving the DAC a full signal and telling the DAC to cut the volume?

PS Audio says  the DAC volume less than 50 will result in some loss of quality. But JR says volume levelling is bit-perfect from MC. I hoped to output a lower volume to PWD and use PWD at high volume setting.

I've also tried different Volume Mode options with no success.  I also tried various combinations of the output mode and volume mode when playing to the desktop and can't find a way to use any DSP functions. So maybe it's not related to DLNA/PWD.

BTW I analysed two WAV files and am testing using these.

Can anyone help me to set this up correctly?

Pages: [1]   Go Up