INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 DLNA to Yamaha RX-V867  (Read 2049 times)

Nothingwise

MC17 DLNA to Yamaha RX-V867
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:31 am »

Hello,
I am having issues getting MC17 to "play to" my Yamaha RX-V867 via MC17.  JRiver MC does see the yamaha and attempts to push a song to it but nothing plays.  While MC17 does see the yamaha, the yamaha does not see the MC17 server using the yamaha AV remote app so I cant try pulling a song to the yamaha.  I have tried both MP3s and FLAC files with out any luck.  The yamaha will see and play both file formats without issue via PS3 Media Server and using the Yamaha AV Remote app for iOS.  I have tried turning off the advanced options under DLNA servers and also removing the default and adding it again.  The yamaha AV Remote app does show that a song is tying to play when I push a song from MC17, but again no sound.  Does anyone have MC17 working with their yamaha AVR?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17 DLNA to Yamaha RX-V867
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »

Check this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65012.msg445696#msg445696

Try setting the two DLNA flags in advanced and "never convert" (as mentioned in the thread) then power cycle the Yamaha and try again.
If it still doesn't work, right-click on the Yamaha in the MC zone list, go down to DLNA controller options and disable setNext support. Power cycle the Yamaha and try again.

Nothingwise

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »

Hi bob,
I read the other forum post and and replicated his settings without any change.  I also did step by step your instructions and the same thing, I can see that it attempts to play but I never get sound... if I have multiple songs in queue it just goes down the list after about 10 seconds on each song.  Just for some background info, I have the Windows 7 PC running MC17 connected to cat5 to the router and the yamaha is connected to the same router with more cat5.  Any other suggestions?  I'm still not sure why PS3 Media server allows the yamaha pull in songs but not MC17.  I have also tried setting the MC17 DLNA server to PS3 compatible to see if that made a difference, but no.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:28:56 am »

Where are the files stored? On your PC or somewhere else (like a NAS)?
Do you have Windows Media sharing disabled?
Would you be up to doing a wireshark trace of the interaction?
You install wireshark on your PC and do a capture filter on your PC and Yamaha starting just before pushing a track and ending as soon as it gives up trying to play it.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

Nothingwise

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »

I have all the music stored locally on an internal hard drive.  I have tried with Windows Media sharing enabled and disabled without any change (of course with Windows Media sharing enabled the yamaha can see and play files from windows media player).  I have run a wireshark trace and have zipped and PMed it to you bob.  Let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.

Nothingwise

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »

Just an FYI, I was able to get it working perfectly by installing the MC18 BETA... MC17 is still a no go but 18 is looking good!  ;D

PS. I didn't change any settings either, both DLNA and DLNA extra and checked and "do not convert" is selected.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:36:28 am »

Very interesting... I'll check your dump for clues, thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:23:17 am »

Sent you a PM though the forum...
Pages: [1]   Go Up