INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.252 Beta Available...  (Read 4129 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.252 Beta Available...
« on: April 17, 2002, 03:03:16 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.252 beta is available:

[warning -- this build may not work on Win98]

[ removed because of problems ]

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Bottom border would overlap right corner improperly in MEGA-ME skinning.
2. Fixed: Player window lines would draw in the wrong place.
3. Fixed: Reconnect in Media Server did not work.
4. Changed: Download Manager will not attempt dialup to the internet during Windows Startup.
5. NEW: Added new toolbar and tree images.
6. Changed: Windows splitter bar replaced by our own.
7. Fixed: CD labeler crashed if it tried to open a label document file that did not exist.
8. NEW: MEGA-ME skinning supports frame transparency.
9. NEW: Much more control over MEGA-ME skinning frame layout.
10. Changed: MEGA-ME skinning transparent drawing code over 2 times faster.
11. Fixed: Changing the property of download without changing the filename force the filename to be fixed in Download Manager.
12. Fixed: MJ would crash during startup.

RedJ

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.252 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 03:42:07 pm »

This and yesterday's hot pink update have downloaded as slow as molasses.  Anyone else experiencing this?

JasonJoel

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 03:42:43 pm »

Yup. Mega slow here too.

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 03:59:07 pm »

Bug:
1. Clicking on the ... (browse folders) button on any screen related to setting up or specifing a folder location (Importing, Options, etc.) causes MJ to go into a hard-loop and suck 100% of your PCs CPU cycles and never return.

Smiler

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2002, 04:01:14 pm »

Same here in Eire.
Listening to: 'La Cumparsita' from 'Tango Argentino 2' by 'Tango Argentino' on Media Jukebox

RedJ

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 04:05:10 pm »

BUG:

The new mega me skinning engine seems to have some problems (at least they're new for me, so I'm blaming the skinning).  I updated, and everything was fine until I clicked on the Start icon on the org tree, which is when I lost my partitioned windowed layout.  It resized the org tee to full window width, with the player window below it, full width as well.

The minimize button for MJ is now in the upper lefthand corner of the app window, with no minimize/maximize/close buttons in the upper right corner.  I can get everything but the minimize button back to normal if resize all the windows back to where they belong.  Reloading the mega skin, disabling mega-me mode, etc. have not worked to fix this.  Will try deleting the mega skin and reinstalling Jukebox.

Pythius

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2002, 04:11:32 pm »

Cannot  get 8.0.252 to start. I get the copyright screen - the small square one that comes up before the main window - that just sits there. I uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed a second time. Still have the same problem. Here's my system info.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.248

CPU: AMD K6 2 345 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 228 MB, Free - 144 MB
Resource Info: System - 57 %, GDI - 75 %, User - 57 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2002, 04:16:38 pm »

Pythius,
I had the same problem on WinMe, but not on XP.  I killed the task with Task Manager a couple of times, got an error about apoint.exe, and then MJ started.

The download was also slow for me.  We've had an "issue" with our upstream provider the last couple of days.  Not sure whether that's it or not.

Listening to: 'Rum and Coca-Cola' from 'Your Hit Parade-1945' by 'The Andrews Sisters' on Media Jukebox
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

RemyJ

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2002, 04:25:04 pm »

Well 252 starts on both of my W2K machines so that's a good sign.

Still crashes when trying to backup library although this was reported as fixed in 250.

"CD, DVD, & Handhelds" branch of the tree becomes corrupted under certain situations requiring a restart:

If a new CD is inserted in a drive and the main "CD, DVD, & Handhelds" branch is selected, it is replaced with the name of the CD and it's drive letter and the actual leaf representing the device is left at whatever it was before the new CD was inserted.

If you then select any other top-level branch such as "Playing Now", then come back to the devices branch, the details display still shows "Playing Now".  Have to restart MJ to get it back.

RemyJ

MattRensing

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2002, 04:28:06 pm »

Don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior at this point, but I cannot disable mega-me skinning.  Selecting this option and hitting apply in the skin manager informs me that MJ will have to restart, but upon restart the mega-me skin is still present.

sekim

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2002, 04:29:03 pm »

Not listening to nothin' right now. Two builds of MJ that do not start on my computer. Any chance of a win98 version next time?

Mavrick

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2002, 04:29:35 pm »

This ones a thumbs up for me so far on WinXP.

Tried both mega skins and disabled skinning OK! Disabling a little tricky tho, saw it it the 250 thread..click disable then exit NOT apply for those who missed it. Not seeing the "browse" lockup either. Where else can I have this much fun for $25Next Page

Listening to: 'blues image - ride captain ride' on Media Jukebox

Pythius

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2002, 04:32:31 pm »

JimH,

I'm not sure I understand your message regarding my post. Should I sit tight with 8.0.248 or what???

RedJ

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2002, 04:35:30 pm »

Update: Bug 04-17-2002 06:59:07 P.M.

I’ve deleted the mega skin, re-installed the build, and MJ starts with mega-skinning deactivated (where I left it).  The buttons are back where they belong now (yay!).  I try to reactivate mega-skinning, and it says has to restart MJ.  Restart MJ, mega skinning still deactivated.  The only way to get mega-skinning activation to stick is to click off the Disable button, click over to the mini-me tab, then use the exit button to close the dialog.  This forces a restart, and everything’s back to it’s old blue self (I’ll restore my custom XML next)  However, MJ crashes on exit every time now (XP asks to send error report).

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2002, 04:40:30 pm »

"CD, DVD, & Handhelds" branch of the tree becomes corrupted under certain situations requiring a restart:

If a new CD is inserted in a drive and the main "CD, DVD, & Handhelds" branch is selected, it is replaced with the name of the CD and it's drive letter and the actual leaf representing the device is left at whatever it was before the new CD was inserted.

If you then select any other top-level branch such as "Playing Now", then come back to the devices branch, the details display still shows "Playing Now". Have to restart MJ to get it back.

RemyJ

This happens to me as well.

JasonJoel

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2002, 04:42:28 pm »

BUG - If you go into Media Library, sort by a column other than the first one, then delete a file.

After you delete the file, the screen updates but resorts based on the first column again instead of maintaining the sort coulm you selected.

Jason Bottjen

RAVMAN

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2002, 04:46:05 pm »

Well, I got enough courage to try tonights build and no problems yet. I even disabled the mega me skinning and no more blues. Listening to Kansas, Carry on wayward son.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.252

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2022 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 335 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

RemyJ

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2002, 04:56:35 pm »

Whether skinning is on or off, when I place my mouse pointer over either the tree or player and leave it, CPU utilization jumps way up, even with nothing playing.  This happens on my laptop (used as my music console) but not my server but then again, the laptop is a PII 266mhz and the server is a dual 1.8ghz P4 Xeon.

Build 248 was supposed to fix a similar problem with "moving" in the left pane causing high CPU, but I'm just leaving the pointer still and still seeing the high utilization.

CPU: Intel Celeron 37 MHz MMX  <<<Memory: Total - 195 MB, Free - 88 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

RemyJ, you should update you system Celeron 37 is not supported by MJ -- Nikolay Next Page

JimH

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2002, 05:23:25 pm »

Pythius,
I can make 252 work on both XP and WinME.  Don't know about Win98.  Your system info says you have build 248.  The install of 252 didn't work?
Jim Hillegass

Easyrider

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2002, 05:31:03 pm »

Hi

This beta along with the last one does not like Win98

When I open MJ I get MEGA-ME with just the tree and no view window. If I minimize than maximize the view window appears.  I am attempting to attach a picture. Have not done this before, If it does not work let me know.

[img=http://home.surewest.net/tskuntz/media jukebox.jpg]

RAVMAN

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2002, 05:31:31 pm »

I fired up the Media Server on my 2 PC network (using Home Phoneline Network Adaptors) and the media server works great. Is there a way for the second PC (client) to automatically connect when MJ is started, instead of going to Tools, Media Server, Connect To Last? This will be used for my eleven year old son to listen to his Dad's music.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2002, 05:46:07 pm »

in Windows Xp And Mr. Blue Skin, Bottom Of Form Frame Is Missing On All Forms.

Turned Off Skin, All Is Well.

Can Not Activate Mr. Blue Skin
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

scub

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2002, 05:58:14 pm »

I have same problem as Pythius.  It brings up the spash screen and then nothing.  After about 15 seconds it stops responding and I have to end task.  Did all the usual, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned registry, removed all running programs, rebooted,  this ones not going to work for me.  

Windows 98SE

JimH

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2002, 06:15:40 pm »

Ravman,
No way right now.  Good idea though.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2002, 06:23:28 pm »

>>>> [warning -- this build may not work on Win98] <<<<

Well, that's a nice addendum after the fact. Are you guys checking this on all the different operating systems before release? Would be nice to know for future releases. I can't even get a backed up copy of 248 to install. That one at least worked on non XP machines.

RAVMAN

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2002, 06:47:23 pm »

JimH, Could we add this to the wishlist- ability to connect to a media server upon starting up MJ.

Thanks for the quick response and a great program. MJ 8 is surely going to be (and is) the best media player at any price.

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2002, 07:45:26 pm »

I'd like to make the following suggestions:

1. There should be a option to disable visualizations and track info completely.

2. In the left media pane, I'd like to be able to hide or delete the "Find CD", "Artist Info", "TV Tuner", "Web Media", and any or all of the playlists section. I don't use most of these sections, and would like to not have to have them displayed.

3. In the "Playing Now" and "Playlist" sections, is there any way to hide the "Seq" column? When I right-click on the column the option is greyed out. If there isn't a way to hide it, there should be.

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2002, 07:56:25 pm »

KingSparta. I asked about the same thing. I was told it was just there to show that transparencies work.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2002, 08:46:09 pm »

Bugs

Remote Control (Girder) : This is totally broken in this build. Issuing any command to MJ causes it to go into an eternal loop or something.

Analyzing Devices : This comes up way too often. I liked it much better when it only showed up when I actually opened the Devices branch (although even then I have to wonder what the point of it is - isn't it obvious

that when I open the devices branch that MJ is going to analyze them?).

Everytime MJ quits (whether from applying a MEGA-ME skin or because I exit), I get this:

MEGA-ME Skinning : The only Window control there is now is the Minimize button, but it's on the left hand side of the window instead of the left.

MEGA-ME Skinning : There is some funkiness when dragging the new vertical slider bar. (Plus it was pushed all the way to the left the first time I started MJ)

MEGA-ME Skinning : The File Properties progress box that comes up when you load up a bunch of files into File Properties isn't skinned.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Explorer Tree Views (Like when you browse for a location) look ugly because the folder icons aren't skinning correctly.

Track Info : The Edit Properties link no longer functions. Has this been changed or removed?

Remote Control : Next\Previous Playlists skip Smartlists.

Download Manager : I have DM set to autostart with Windows (minimized) and everytime I boot, I get this (Yes, even in 8.0.252):

Download Manager : This still occasionally just shuts down for no reason, without any indication other than when I move my mouse over the icon in the system tray and it just vanishes.

Smartlists : MJ displays playlist ID numbers in Smartlists rules. It should clean that up to display the name of the playlist and leave the ID number in the background. The ID number should still be accessible though,

because of my first request listed below.

Requests

On the Send To menu, can playlist have cascaded menus to reflect their organization within the Tree View?

Can the Remote Control portion of MJ be changed to accept a playlist ID number and have MJ play the corresponding playlist when it receives the right command?

Can the "Enlarge Menus" option be a seperate setting for Full Screen, MEGA-ME, Windowed, and mini-me? Or at least Full Screen from the other three?

Can the "Auto-Hide Bars" option be a seperate setting for Full Screen, MEGA-ME, and Windowed? This time I want it seperate for all three - the behavior I want in MEGA-ME (Auto-Hide OFF) is not the same as what

I want for Full Screen and Windowed mode (Auto-Hide ON). Or I guess if MEGA-ME was just separate from the other two that would work for me too, but I imagine others would feel differently so maybe a separate

option for every mode?

On the CD Burning box, can the Number of Copies text box get one of those up/down incrementer/decrementer things?

It would be really cool if every time MJ displayed a hyperlink that it would be clickable. I'm not looking for an automatic thing, I've just seen this behavior in the Plugin Manager and on the Import Media status box, and

I thought it would be cool to have a live link for www.replaygain.org since you've listed that link in the Replay Gain Analyzer. Also a live link to the DSP plugin page in DSP Studio and a live link to the Vis plugin page

in Vis Studio would be nice as well.

System Info

CPU: AMD Athlon 950 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 57 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2002, 09:58:50 pm »

The problem with the buttons is that there are new properties having the XML look like this (for the skin I am working on):

The icon is new, restore was removed and added Alignment, OffsetX, OffsetY to the code for additional positioning the buttons. So any old skins may not function properly until the additional code is added to position them.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

Scronch

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2002, 10:35:29 pm »

JimH> 'Rum and Coca-Cola' from 'Your Hit Parade-1945' by 'The Andrews Sisters' on Media Jukebox

Yeah, by 1945 they had to add the rum.  The US gov't forced Coca-Cola to remove the coca about 1906.

dragyn

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2002, 02:20:57 am »

If I go to full screen mode and then back to normal again, the blue slider at the top (under toolbar) turns white. Only way to get it back to blue again is to restart.

Joe Z.

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2002, 04:55:54 am »

When playing an mpeg, the internal video is very small in this build and if you go to window or full screen, the resolution remails small.  Definitely a bug here.

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2002, 05:45:53 am »

Hi - thanks for adding playing now seq. #'s to the Disk Writer however the # needs to include leading zero/s otherwise track 10 appears immediately after track 1 and 20 after 2 if you refresh the display in the output directory.
Namaste,
John

thejoyofcooking

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2002, 09:24:52 am »

after installing DFX 6.1.15, media jukebox wont start ... upon load, freezes and uses high % of system resources.  i have splash screen disabled so i'm not sure if that would load or not.  using winxp

Markus

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2002, 09:37:51 am »

.Ape files are played with lots of clicks, and very often it sounds as if a CD in your player has a scratch: a part of only half a second or so is repeated over and over... Winamp plays the same file just fine. I recorded it myself and it is encoded with the newest version of MonkeysAudio (3.96). I do not know if this is new with Version 8.0.252 since I just installed Windows xp so it might come from that. Anyway: How do I get clean and clear sound (which I'm used to from MJ) back again?
   Also it would be very nice if there was a possibility to turn of MegaMe-skinning completely.

CPU: Intel Celeron 467 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 250 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.

Markus

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2002, 12:37:21 am »

I try to burn an audio CD. It works fine with .mp3 files. But with .ape files in the playlist on pressing the start button a message comes up: "Cannot create decoder control." I can only click on OK then and then nothing happens anymore until i press the Cancel-button in the "Cd burning progress"-box. It shows "preparing [name of song in .ape-file]" all the time but nothing happens. Everything worked fine a few versions ago with an older version of MonkeysAudio and on Win2000 instead of xp. So all these might have to do with it... Thanks!

ZRocker

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2002, 04:19:14 am »

Bug:
1. When you disable MEGA-ME skins, the Player window is not unskinned and retains the look of your prior MEGA-ME skin.  I think that the drop Target bar (above Org Tree) remains skinned too.  I'm not sure if this bug has been mentioned or not...so, I'm listing it (again) just in case...

sekim

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2002, 05:21:15 pm »

Is this thread still supposed to be live?
Pages: [1]   Go Up