INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles can't be accessed on certain Blu-ray titles  (Read 1218 times)

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Subtitles can't be accessed on certain Blu-ray titles
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:36 am »

This may have been brought up before, but nonetheless:

I recently bought the Danish/Scandinavian Blu-ray's of Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Howls Moving Castle, and for some reason I'm unable to access the Danish subtitles(which are included on both discs) with JRiver MC18(same with MC17). When I right-click on the picture and choose 'Subtitles' it only says the following - "n/a." I've tried all subtitle options under DSP/Video settings, to no avail. When playing these two movies with Total Media Theatre(which I normally don't use anymore) I can access the disc menu, and here the subtitles are readily available.

I'd appreciate any help on this, so that I'll hopefully be able to play these Blu-ray's with their original soundtracks + Danish subtitles via JRiver MC18.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: Subtitles can't be accessed on certain Blu-ray titles
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:28:30 am »

Anyone?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:02 am »

Have you checked to see if there is a different language track with the subtitles included. I believe the subtitles are sometimes associated with a certain language track. Some movies I own have two English tracks with only one having subtitles. Because JRiver doesn't really have access to the Blu-ray menu it can't always find them correctly like Total Media Theater and other commercial Blu-ray software players.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »

mojave --

Thanks, I'll look into it. My main objective is being able to access the subtitles via the original language (DTS-HD) track, where they're truly needed and should be available - I always prefer the original language tracks, in HD(lossless) sound of course..
Pages: [1]   Go Up