INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR Convolver New Feature?  (Read 1606 times)

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
JR Convolver New Feature?
« on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »

From ver. 18.0.68 (11/1/2012):

"13. NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the input format and uses it if a better match is found."

Is this what I think it is? Automatic switching of convolution filters and sample rate? How is this setup and used? What format of configuration files is required? Any other details would be appreciated.

This seems to be what many have been waiting for. 

Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JR Convolver New Feature?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »

Is this what I think it is? Automatic switching of convolution filters and sample rate?

Yes, exactly.

There's some more information here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.msg511143#msg511143

And a reminder that we'll add support for other naming formats as necessary if we're provided good details.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:51 pm »

Hi Matt,

I installed latest MC yesterday (18.0.70). I tried to follow the posts you linked, especially Mojave's post with details on file to use and checking for correct operation.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I use Audiolense and have been using the filters generated by Audiolense in MC17, using MC's builtin convolver, for close to the last year with no issues. No matter what .cfg file I load into new MC convolver, it doesn't switch files or formats. I've attached the two different .cfg file formats I'm trying, "4.4Beta_0163.txt" and "4.4beta_01632.0_441.txt". I changed the .cfg extension on original files to .txt in order to upload them as attachments.

When using the "4.4Beta_0163.txt" file, audio path shows that is the config file being used, but when actually listening, it's obvious no filter is being used at all. Audio path shows convolution and that file is being used, but no convolution is occurring. I'm hearing unfiltered audio. It's easy to hear the difference with and without convoltion applied and there is no convolution being applied using that file, even though audio path and dsp shows it is.

Next I tried "4.4beta_01632.0_441.txt". This one plays back in 44.1 kHz as expected, but no switching to 96 kHz filter when 96 kHz file plays. MC plays the 96 kHz file at 96 kHz but it uses the same ..._44.1.cfg filter.

Hopefully I've been as clear in my explanation as I've tried to be, but at this point it doesn't appear to be working correctly for me. At this point I have to assume it's something on my end since based on other posts in link you gave me, it seems to be working for them.

Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:26:46 pm »

The "4.4Beta_0163.cfg" file isn't pointing to any wav files so I wouldn't expect it to work.

The "4.4beta_01632.0_441.cfg" file is pointing to wav files that are named differently than mine. My wav files in the CorrectionFiles folder have a space before the sample rate:

Your cfg file says: "4.4Beta_0163441.wav" instead of "4.4Beta_0163 441.wav"

Check your wav files to see how they are named just to make sure it matches what is in the cfg file. Did you rename anything manually that might have changed something?

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 01:29:21 pm »

Hi mojave,

Thanks for responding. I haven't changed anything with those files other than changing .cfg in file name to .txt, which was done only for uploading as attachment.

The one with "4.4Beta_0163441.wav" in config file does work fine playing back but no switching for different sample rates, so I would assume the config file is fine.

Insert Quote
The "4.4Beta_0163.cfg" file isn't pointing to any wav files so I wouldn't expect it to work.

In that file, my understanding is that this is another format for config files, where each line in the file is pointing to the location of the .cfg file, which is then used by convolver when automatically switching formats/filters. This is the .cfg format I would expect to be working in MC for the new auto switching format, since it actually does point to the different .cfg files that would be used when switching. Both of those config files I attached were generated by Audiolense, no changes by me.

Thanks, Bill

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

In that file, my understanding is that this is another format for config files, where each line in the file is pointing to the location of the .cfg file, which is then used by convolver when automatically switching formats/filters. This is the .cfg format I would expect to be working in MC for the new auto switching format, since it actually does point to the different .cfg files that would be used when switching. Both of those config files I attached were generated by Audiolense, no changes by me.

Thanks, Bill
That file is in the Correction folder I believe and not the CorrectionFiles folder. Bernt told me I had to use the cfg files in the CorrectionFiles folder with JRiver.

Did you make sure you checked the box to match sample rates? Did you make sure you set all sample rates in Output Format to No Change? Did you mark all the frequencies you want to save to in Audiolense?   You may need to reboot once for this new change to take effect.

Can you attach the cfg files for two sample rates with their corresponding wav files. I'll see if it works for me.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:53 pm »

Hi mojave,

This will be my third attempt at replying and attaching the files you asked for. I keep getting errors, invalid format, file too large.

Basically, yes I have done everything you mentioned.

I've attached all the files you asked for (I hope). You'll have to change all the .txt extensions to .cfg. I had to change extensions in order to upload attachments.

Here's links to the 2 wav files through file factory (Not sure if you've used it before but it's totally free, They may have links to sign up but there's no need. Just scroll down until you see the free download):

4.4Beta_016396.wav (1MB)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4k6hplrjs59z/n/4_4Beta_016396_wav

4.4Beta_0163441.wav (1MB)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2fvn7aojr1w5/n/4_4Beta_0163441_wav

Obviously my config files are pointing to locations on my computer, so in order to work on your computer, changes will have to be made. Hopefully you're able to figure it out.

I did try following your steps as posted in other link for getting this working and confirming, but for whatever reason, no luck for me. I would really appreciate details on exactly how you got yours working. Are you sure it is working? I believe I've followed the steps exactly. It doesn't seem like it should be difficult.

Thanks again for your help.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »

It took me 10 tries to download them and I still don't think I'm getting the entire file. I sent you a PM.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:08 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what I did but as of now, everything seems to be working correctly. My filters and sample rates are switching automatically.

Thanks for your help mojave!
Pages: [1]   Go Up