INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing track numbers  (Read 1337 times)

rosiebeags

Missing track numbers
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

Hi,

I'm trialing MC17 before I decide to purchase. I'm having a lot of problems with missing track numbers and incorrect file names when I import audio from a NAS. The files are in AIF format and have been ripped using dbpoweramp. I have enabled AIF tagging in the settings.

When MC17 imports newly ripped albums, some of the track names are incorrect and the track numbers along with genre and year are missing (strangely, it's never every track in the album, only some of them). I can easily rectify the incorrect names by using 'Fill Properties from Filename' but I can't find a solution to the missing track numbers and genre/year tags. I don't want to have to enter all the values manually, especially when I've ensured they were correct when I ripped the album in the first place. I've tried deleting the library and re-installing, but this hasn't helped.

Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $50 on the program if it can't even detect track numbers.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Missing track numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:46:48 pm »

For one of the problematic tracks, you can select it in MC, open Action Window > Tag, and then click the very top line in the tag action window - it provides a tag dump.  It will say something like:

AIFF - <duration> - <size> MB

where duration and size are number values.  Once that tag dump window is open, the iittle menu icon at the top of that tag dump action window will allow you to copy the tags to the clipboard.  Paste them here in a reply.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rosiebeags

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:19:48 am »

The below is the request dump from one of the tracks that isn't being imported correctly:

Uncompressed Audio File (aif)
44.1 kHz, 16 bit, 2 ch

ID3v2.3 Tag: (57344 bytes)
  TIT2 (Name): Cha
  TPE1 (Artist): Thelonious Monk
  TALB (Album): Monk's Music
  APIC (Picture) (Cover): <too large to display>
  TXXX (Tool Name): Media Center
  TXXX (Tool Version): 17.0.189

Whereas the below is a dump from the same album, but it has obviously imported correctly:

ID3v2.3 Tag: (450560 bytes)
  TIT2 (Name): Crepuscule with Nellie (Take 6)
  TPE1 (Artist): Thelonious Monk
  TPE2 (Album Artist): Thelonious Monk
  TALB (Album): Monk's Music
  TRCK (Track #): 7/8
  TPOS (Disc #): 1/1
  TYER (Year): 1957
  TCON (Genre): Jazz
  TIT1 (Grouping): Bop/Jazz Instrument/Piano Jazz
  TPUB (Publisher): Riverside Records
  TENC: dBpoweramp Release 14.3
  APIC (Picture) (Cover): <too large to display>
  TMED: CD (Lossless)
  TXXX (AccurateRipDiscID): 008-000ea67f-0063c16f-6b0b5b08-7
  TXXX (AccurateRipResult): AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6)   [96C0A5BF]
  TXXX (Album Artist): Thelonious Monk
  TXXX (Encoder): Aiff
  TXXX (Tool Name): Media Center
  TXXX (Tool Version): 17.0.186
  TXXX (UPC): 025218733069

Hope this will provide some clues! I have no idea why some tracks aren't working and others are fine when I'm using exactly the same ripping tool and settings. As I mentioned, I've tried deleting the offending albums and reimporting, but this doesn't help.

Thanks,
Matt.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:55 am »

The first track dump shown contains no TRCK tag, so that's why MC shows it as missing the track number (it is missing in the file itself).

If the filename contains the track number, you can use the Fill Properties from Filename tool to grab the track number.  Otherwise, you'll have to fill it in manually and use Update Tags (from Library) to update the file's tags for the future.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up