INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick question about library printing in MC  (Read 1679 times)

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Quick question about library printing in MC
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:23 am »

Is there a quick and easy way to print out your entire music and movie library in MC? Is there a shortcut in the menu that allows me to see my library? I know MC can show me the number of CD's that are in my library, but I want to know if MC can also print out what is in your library like Artist, Album, Songs, etc.

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Quick question about library printing in MC
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:05 am »

You can export the metadata for each media file that MC has in the library.  From there, you can import into other software for further reduction.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »

Yeah, I know you can do the export/import thing. I'm just looking for an easy "click and generate" button in MC that will print out your library. I'm guessing MC can't do this?

As for other software, any recomendations on which is a good choice to handle MC's database and is able to easily print the library?

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:16:18 pm »

Add the "Print List" button to your toolbar.  Show a view with the files you want printed, and click the button.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

larryincmh

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:26 am »

Hello,

I have spent quite a lot of time with Smartlists and Print List features, related to this printing of my Library file and even though I consider myself farily computer literate, I just cannot find how to properly print the type of output I am after.   See a sample from my iTunes print library file.  This output is perfect for me and I have tried and tried to duplicate this.  Any help as far as JRiver goes?  I keep iTunes on my computer only for iTunes Match on my devices (another feature that would be nice for JRiver) and for this output, otherwise I really would like to take it off.  Thank you in advance for any help.

Larry

Pages: [1]   Go Up