INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scanning for channels?  (Read 1154 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Scanning for channels?
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:26 am »

I have a total of 4 tuners (2 HDHomeRun boxes).  Do I need to scan for channels on each of the 4 tuners (which is what I have been doing), or can I just scan on 1, and all 4 will work? 

mm0

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
Re: Scanning for channels?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:14 am »

mm0,

I have the same setup.  When I added the 2nd HD Homerun Duel, I didn't rescan, I just checked the Television setting to make sure the other 2 tuners were recognized (and they were).  I tried recording 3 shows and watch'd a 4th and all was well.

I would think the only reason to scan for channels would depend on how you have it setup.

I have 2 antenns (1 UHV and 1 VHF) the combine and go into a powered 2-port amp.  The output of the each port on the amp goes to each HD HomeRun.  Therefore, sense the antennas are in the same orientation, I didn't see the need to re-scan.   

I live in Mission Viejo, CA (about half way between Los Angeles and San Diego), I could have one antenna pointed to LA and the other to SD, if I did that, I would re-scan to pickup the SD channels, however since the channels would be mostly duplicated I saw no reason to do that.

Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:02 am »

shouldn't you be on a conference call or something???

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:02:32 pm »

hay, how did you get a 5-star Sweet 16 status while I'm still a recent member, and yet I've been registered longer than you? 

Not fair.

And yes, I was on a conference call.  Multitasking is the only way the conference calls are productive. :)
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

it's all about the posts!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up