INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user, can't get Internet Radio working right  (Read 1240 times)

philosurfer

• Recent member
New user, can't get Internet Radio working right
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:23:43 am »

Hi. I'm spending more time than I probably should on this; I end up with more confusion than solutions - here's the story:

All the Wiki documentation uses terminology I can't find anywhere in MC18 (e.g. "Select Media Library > Web Media in the tree." - I don't have anything named like that, nor can I find it as an option to add in!).

I went through the BBC download process mention by one of the beta team members (thanks for that) and downloaded the playlist; only one of them actually works, now (get an unspecified WMP error), so I'm guessing it's pretty obsolete ... but I need to get to what I want to do.

I've tried using the preset access methods in Audio > Connected Media. I've been able to get one station (WBGO from PublicRadioFan) into the My Connected Media tree item. When I try to add more of them, I get the pop-up window that offers to play, and offers to add to Web Media. When I select the latter (regardless of whether or not I want to play the stream now) I get the feeling that it's been added somewhere, but I can't find it (I certainly haven't been able to find anything named "Web Media" - please forgive me if it's right in front of my face).

Can anyone help - even by simply pointing me to a step-by-step tutorial on getting this thing running?  Thanks.

Rich

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New user, can't get Internet Radio working right
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:01:09 am »

Evening Rich,

The ones in this thread (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62174.0) all work except for BBC Radio 7.

I've never had much success with connected media. If my chosen station in there is simply loading a web page internally, which in turn requires a pop out proprietary web player, I can't see the point. To that end, I try to source the direct stream url and import that into my main library. After that, they're just a double click to play.

I see you've found the "Connected Media" item. This is what the out of date wiki means when it mentions "Web Media". The name was changed by deed poll some time ago!!

-marko

philosurfer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:31 am »

Thanks, Marko - so if I get this right, I find the stream on the web and just enter it as a new item ... and just forget about the integrated browser connection (since it doesn't seem to work reliably), yes?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 11:45:53 am »

That's right.  Add the streaming URL and use that, rather than the web site address where the flash (or other) player is housed along with all the other junk.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up