INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Auzentech x-fi hometheater and Pioneer bd-rw bdr-206m  (Read 2267 times)

konst

• Recent member
Problem with Auzentech x-fi hometheater and Pioneer bd-rw bdr-206m
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:57:44 am »

Hi,

1) I have a discrete PCI-E hdmi audio card Auzentech x-fi hometheater. MC 17 doesn't bitsteam dts-hd stream thru it to a reciever. Though MC 17 bitstreams thru hdmi Nvidia video cards without problems.  Does MC support  discrete hdmi audio cards (not video cards) ?

2) I also have a blu-ray device Pioneer bd-rw bdr-206m installed in my comp.  MC doesn't see this device in Drives & Devices, MC sees it only thru MC explorer and can't start blu-ray, dvd or cd disks .  May this problem connect with that this device supports blu-ray XL disks ( up to 120 gb), but MC doesn't support new devices?

Sparks67

• World Citizen
Re: Problem with Auzentech x-fi hometheater and Pioneer bd-rw bdr-206m
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »

Hi,

2) I also have a blu-ray device Pioneer bd-rw bdr-206m installed in my comp.  MC doesn't see this device in Drives & Devices, MC sees it only thru MC explorer and can't start blu-ray, dvd or cd disks .  May this problem connect with that this device supports blu-ray XL disks ( up to 120 gb), but MC doesn't support new devices?

Not sure on the audio card...

Make sure you have updated firmware for the pioneer.  Just go to pioneer support on the internet and download the latest firmware.  Your playing problem might be because you need to buy AnyDVD HD.  My Pioneer BDR-207M works fine with J River.   

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:04:25 pm »

Hi,

1) I have a discrete PCI-E hdmi audio card Auzentech x-fi hometheater. MC 17 doesn't bitsteam dts-hd stream thru it to a reciever. Though MC 17 bitstreams thru hdmi Nvidia video cards without problems.  Does MC support  discrete hdmi audio cards (not video cards) ?

If I'm not mistaking the x-fi hometheater (which I also used in early bd times) is not really a discrete audio card (in regard of hd audio content) but more of a video stream PAPS enriching audio device. The goal of it was to allow bitstreaming of bd hd audio along the protected audio path as no gpu at that time was able to do so. Also the driver where proprietary with bitstreaming support for powerdvd. It was the same idea than the tmt/xonar hdav combo...i don't think that any other player will be able to bitstream through it.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »

I have the Pio BDR-207EBK (also does BDXL) and it works fine...just like any other drive... with MC, Explorer etc...
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up