INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with default Library  (Read 824 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Problem with default Library
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:07:17 pm »

When I switched from using WHS to a Drobo for my media storage I created a new library that pointed to the Drobo.  Well now that I have it all set up I would like to replace my Main library(with media stored on WHS) with the one that points to the Drobo.  Problem is, MC will not let me delete the Main Library or appoint the library associated with the Drobo as the “Main Library”.  Normally it isn’t a problem, but if MC ever freezes and starts in safe mode, it will revert back to the main library pointed at the WHS which I do not use anymore and is out of date.  This makes for a negative WAF.  I need to fix this to keep the peace.  Anyone have any ideas?

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Problem with default Library
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:08 pm »

Bump.....Anyone?

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with default Library
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:27:41 pm »

The Main Library can't be deleted.  Have you done any special tagging of your media?  If not, it is probably simplest to remove the old folder associations of your Main Library and replace them with those on your Drobo.

Before you do anything, load the Main Library and do a backup.  Now select Clear Library.  Then select Import > Configure Import and remove any watched folders on your WHS.  Then browse to and select the folders where your media is stored on the Drobo.  Select the relevant media types for each folder.  Select Finish and MC will import the media from your Drobo into the Main Library.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up