INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching between 2 libraries  (Read 1964 times)

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
Switching between 2 libraries
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:00 am »

So assume that I have 1 library that I store DSD files in, and another library that I store PCM files [44.1].
I use Theater View,
Is there are KEYBOARD SHORTCUT that I could switch between libraries?
That would be very useful to me. Or is there any other way I can accomplish that.
JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Switching between 2 libraries
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 08:50:34 am »

That was a question from me,long time ago. ;)

You have to edit Resource.xml in Custom Resources Folder.
Here's the Link:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66349.0

Works with MC18!
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

Or is there any other way I can accomplish that.
Personally, I would put them in the same library and use a custom field to choose which one shows up in a given view. e.g. Custom Field of [Audio Type] with possible values of DSD, PCM, etc. I find it much easier to keep track of things this way.
There could of course be particular reasons why you want them separated into two different libraries, in which case this suggestion isn't relevant.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:09 am »

Personally, I would put them in the same library and use a custom field to choose which one shows up in a given view. e.g. Custom Field of [Audio Type] with possible values of DSD, PCM, etc. I find it much easier to keep track of things this way.

I agree.

I do have separate libraries for different purposes, but they are so separate that they are for "entirely different lives" that require a completely different organizational scheme. Such as: home media versus stuff I use for work purposes.

If you want assistance getting your Library set up nicely so that you can have both types in the same Library, but shown separately, just yell.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:49 pm »

I am new to JRiver but I am not new to FLAC etc... [I use Mp3tag to tag them anyway I want it],

I have say around 40 SACD albums but >200 regular CDs so if I put them together I may be swamped with organizing it. But that is OK.

I will be very happy with keeping it in 1 library as long as in Theatre Mode I can somehow choose - SACD albums only and CD albums only.
I have albums organized by "Artist - Album". And I am open to all suggestions.

So where can I put Custom Field? I am not in front of my JRiver server so I will have to check if it works...
JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:09 pm »

SACD's will have a [File Type] of "sacd".  You can use this field to add a category in Theater View.  Go to Tools > Options > Theater View, and under Items To Show, under Audio, either add a new second level grouping, or modify one or more of the existing items, adding [File Type].

If you need more detailed help, just ask...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up