INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to build an authors view with author thumbnails for ebooks  (Read 1167 times)

peterdrowan

• Junior Woodchuck

I have all my ebooks in a books view under documents but am trying to add pictures of authors as thumbnails.  I have added links through manage links to google images etc. and amended the search to use [author] which works fine but there are a few issues.
1) The options  when I select a picture in google images in documents are not the same as if I did the same thing in audio and I don't have the option of adding the picture as cover art thumbnail so I have to download a file and then load it as cover art -which is cumbersome and slow as a process
2)  I have copied author into Album field and so when I select list style album thumbnails I get the view I want but when I click on album it doesn't give me a view at the bottom of all the books that I have for that author (all of which are seperate files).  If I select details view then only small thumbnail is available and large thumbnail is empty.  What I want is an author album view with a large thumbnail with all the books by that author as a list just like you get in audio with a large thumbnail and a breakdown of tracks or files

Peter Rowan

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Trying to build an authors view with author thumbnails for ebooks
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:20:47 pm »

This might be a good case to request adding Author images to the Cover Art Folder.  This way, you could have Author images, as well as specific Name or title artwork.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:40:09 pm »

If you store Author art under the Cover Art Folder location\Artists, and uses the Artists field, you can get what you're after I believe.  See attached images of an eBooks Categories view with Artists and Name categories.

peterdrowan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:11 pm »

Trying to understand what you mean.  Is that an Authors sub directory under the coverart directory. If I had such a directory would I manually have to place cover art there or can I get it to happen through MC17 and if so how.

Peter Rowan

MrC

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »

Currently, Artists artwork is supported.  See: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cover_Art_Folder

This artwork is manually placed, and folders are manually created.

I was hinting/suggesting that MC might support also an Authors folder, which would be appropriate for eBooks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up