INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect new laptop to MC server  (Read 731 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't connect new laptop to MC server
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:14 pm »

I have four devices: old_laptop, android_phone, new_laptop, and mc_server.  I have a copy of MC16 with media network running on mc_server.  old_laptop and android_phone have been set up to connect to mc_server via tremote and gizmo, respectively, for quite some time without incident.  Today, I'm trying to connect new_latop to mc_server using the same configuration as old_laptop, and I can't get it to work.  When I go to File > Library > Library Manager > Add Library, and enter in the name and access key of the library, I get the message "There was a problem loading the library 'Theater'.  Please ensure that your network connection is available and that the server is running properly."  However, I can connect with old_laptop and android_phone just fine. 

I tried the webservice to see what result I'd get (trying to develop an app as well) and when I paste this into the address bar, http://webplay.jriver.com/libraryserver/lookup?id=****** [id redacted] I get the message back "Keyid ****** not found."  Huh?  How is that possible?  If the Keyid can't be found, how are my other two devices able to connect?  I know they're not connecting via LAN, because I am in a different state than my server is right now; so it's definitely using the internet to make the connection.

I'm very confused.

Jonathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up