INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST : keyboard shortcut for the AUDIO PATH  (Read 1111 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
REQUEST : keyboard shortcut for the AUDIO PATH
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »

I know it's an evergreen but I would love to be able to display the input information of the audio path in theaterview. Eventhough it might be displayed too small but it would as a start help to have a keyboard shortcut assigned to the audio path menu entry.

The displaying of audio path input info is very important if not bitstreaming or the dac doesn't display it. For watching concerts (which often have three audio tracks such as dts master hd, pcm, dolby true hd) if I decode locally to analogue this information would be crucial.

So if I had at least a keyboard shortcut I could at least assign a remote control to it and display it (even if it would be displayed very small) which would be better than nothing or click through to audio path with the mouse.

NorCalJason

• Recent member
Re: REQUEST : keyboard shortcut for the AUDIO PATH
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:56 pm »

This would be great!

;D

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »

Do you mean in Display View in which video plays when launched from Theater View? If so, you can arrow down for the OSD and it will display the various tracks and show which one is currently selected. You can then change audio tracks during playback. Once a track is selected it will be used the next time for the same video.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Do you mean in Display View in which video plays when launched from Theater View? If so, you can arrow down for the OSD and it will display the various tracks and show which one is currently selected. You can then change audio tracks during playback. Once a track is selected it will be used the next time for the same video.
Nope ..sadly that's just the problem as depending on how the DVD is authored and in 95% of the cases for concerts the OSD doesn't display the audio format. For instance in one concert you have 3 audio tracks (1.dts 2.AC3 3.pcm) the OSD regularly shows 1. english 2.english 3.english)

For BD i don't have the issue as I use TMT5 as external player (works perfectly) because for BD I need full menu support. There is no such problem because if I switch audio tracks I have a short pop-up displaying the audio format for some seconds
Pages: [1]   Go Up