INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import and play itunes genius mixes/playlists in MC17 (yes you can!)  (Read 2621 times)

BGACali88

• Recent member

I am not a fan of iTunes other than the genius mixes it creates based on any song of your choosing.  That is an AWESOME feature because it not only picks songs from the same/similar genre, it picks ones that sound good together and compliment one another.  Finally, genius also seems to pick/know the best or most listened to of that universe of songs.  Unfortunately, MC Play Doctor seems to just pick songs a random.  So, you can imagine how excited I was when I finally figured out a way to import genius mixes/playlists from iTunes and play them in MC 17 with the sonic bliss that MC provides that iTunes can't touch.  If others already know this method, my apologies for repeating, but would be interested to hear if anyone has an even easier or even more direct way to do it.  In any event, here is my simple 4 step method:

1.     Create an genius mix in iTunes.
2.     After making the mix, drag the genius icon over the playlists icon in iTunes.  This will create a new playlist in iTunes with the songs in the genius mix you just created.
3.     In iTunes, right click on the new playlist you just created and choose to export it as an XML file (to your desktop or other location of your choosing).
4.      In MC 17 go to "File" and choose "Import Playlist".  Then select the XML file you just exported from itunes, and PRESTO!!  Your iTunes genius created playlist mix will now be one of your playlists in MC17 under "Imported Playlists".

Now, for me, there is no remaining reason to ever use iTunes (so thankful for that), other than to create genius mixes/playlists to import and play in MC!   :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import and play itunes genius mixes/playlists in MC17 (yes you can!)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:57:20 am »

... MC Play Doctor seems to just pick songs at random.
Not if you give it a seed.  Choose an artist, for example.  And check the settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up