INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB microphone drivers and ADC audio converters for ripping LP  (Read 1331 times)

erniemit

• Recent member
USB microphone drivers and ADC audio converters for ripping LP
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:14 pm »

A question for the Juli@ experts as I attempt to improve the system I am using.   I am using the ADC in my NAD phono preamp to send ripped LPs via USB digital to my Windows 7 PC.  Both the NAD ADC and the USB microphone driver is 16 bit x 48kHz.  I considered changing out the phono preamp to a Furutech, which has 24 bit x 96 kHz ability, but the PC driver is still limited to 16 bit due to the USB microphone driver in the PC.   I use Vinyl Studio to rip the LPs, and that can record my FLAC files at either 16 bit or 24 bit, so that's not a bottleneck.    I use WinAmp Pro to play the FLAC digital media I get from either ripping or buying from HDTracks.   Finally, I have a X-Fi Audio extreme sound card to output audio on optical digital at 24b x 96K to a DAC Magic.   That same sound card has an optical input that supports higher resolution, but how would you connect to that input with a device that is universally (from what I can tell) USB.  (USB turntables and phono preamps.)?

So, my two big questions are:
1.  Would the Juli@ solve my problems and get me to a place where all the parts in the chain support 24b x 96k?   
2.  Does the Juli@ with Cubase support FLAC encoding?  I noticed that after upgrading it would support 24b x 96, but the docs do not say what format it stores music in.  (Could be WMA or ALAC?)   
Pages: [1]   Go Up