INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost "FILES" under Audio  (Read 1276 times)

johndonaldson

• Recent member
Lost "FILES" under Audio
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »

In the left panel of MC V18.0.106 I have lost the "FILES" selection under AUDIO. How do I get the "FILES" selection back?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Lost "FILES" under Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

Create a new Panes view under Audio and name it Files.  Add the two Categories in this order:

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

johndonaldson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:41:32 pm »

I can get as far as ADD categories but can find no Location to add, File Type is there.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:14:58 pm »

Sorry, "Location" is really the second radio button labeled "File type".

johndonaldson

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:28:40 am »

Thanks for the help, almost there. If I expand Files I get Unassigned and expanding unassigned I get "All File Types" as well of all the the different file types I have activated for MC. How can I make "All File Types" the first choice under Files rather than Unassigned?

Thanks

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

You will only be seeing Unassigned when you restrict the File path category to a folder on your system (the default Files view has no path set, which means essentially the root of the folder tree on your Windows system).  All files that MC has in its database that do not start with this folder location will be placed into the Unassigned category.  So you can either blank out the folder path to use MC's default File view settings, or narrow the view's scope by configuring the view's Set rules for file display..., adding a Rule: Filename (path) starts with <same path selected in File path category>.  This probably isn't what you want, as MC uses the location field for more than just paths, and it might be worth using the default rule for now.

If you want File Type to be the first category, customize the view again, and move the File Type category up one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up