INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver has stopped seeing King Rex UC192 S/PDIF driver (or Wired4Sound dac)  (Read 758 times)

NickT

• Recent member

Hi

Totally confused here!

Having played music (Flac files) successfully via MC 16 'Wasapi Event'  for many months using the above S/PDIF converter and Wired4Sound Dac2, I decided to experiment with asynchronous USB and some high quality cables directly to the W4S dac. The dac drivers were already installed on my W7 PC, so no changes there.

NO SOUND!

I checked 'device manager' in W7, all relevant drivers installed and working properly.

I changed back to the original setup using the KingRex UC192 converter.

NO SOUND!

I checked the 'output mode settings' to find in Wasapi Event - neither the W4S or the King Rex drivers are listed, just one option described as 'default'; I tried the default option checking 'open device for exclusive access and recommended buffer - no sound!

I then tried Kernal Streaming which used to work with the KingRex only to find no driver options at all in output settings - still no sound.

I decided to try an upgrade to JRMC18 which I did as a full download and clean install but alas the output mode device list is the same as in JRMC16 and guess what? NO SOUND.

I have even tweaked the DSP settings, bitdepth etc. down from 24bit/197Htz but to no avail (I stupidly didn't make a note of the original settings which I recall took some time to get right). I have swithed between playing from memory or disc etc still no luck.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up