INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing Devices  (Read 999 times)

Dimwit

• Recent member
Analyzing Devices
« on: November 30, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »

I had a power failure and on restart it blew my PSU and screwed up my video card. Oh joy! Upon replacement the card went from a nVidia to an ATI. I deleted all the nVidia drivers and software and d/l the latest AMD Catalyst software for XP. From then on MJ keeps getting stuck at "Analyzing Devices when ever I go into drives and devices.

I deleted MJ, redownloaded and reinstalled it. It DID get into drives and devices and I was able to send it into the drive and directory that I wanted, I selected an album and it played. Hurray! The first song. Boo! Then the dreaded Analyzing Devices came up again. I have to crash the prog out every time through Task Mgr otherwise it sits and scans forever. This is the first problem I've had since forever. MJ has been solid and great.

XP SP3, ATI 5450 - I have no idea if it makes a difference but that's the only change from yesterday to today.

Dimwit

• Recent member
Re: Analyzing Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:41:45 pm »

An Update. Seems the machine was just discombobulated. All that activity kinda upset it. I've restarted it again a few times and it seems to have normalized itself and we're back to running just fine. Just a glitch it seems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up