INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control Surfaces  (Read 1033 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Control Surfaces
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:24:02 pm »

This thread made me think...

Has anyone played with MC with a Control Surface of some kind?  That might be pretty sweet.  I know there are a TON of absurdly cool Video Editing (and ProAudio) control surfaces for applications like Final Cut, Adobe Pro Apps, Logic, Avid, and ProTools.

Heck, I even have an old version of one of these, and I've never tried it (I did spill a cup of coffee on it, and some of the keys are tough to activate, but it should be fixable).

I do love me some good feeling manual dials and sliders.  It'd be nice if I could find some nice ones that would work well with MC.  What would MC need to do to support some of the fancier control surfaces like this one or this one or this one?  Is there a standard it can follow?  I know some of them (like my Contour Design thing) have bundled "keymapper/macro" engines, but I think many of them for Pro Tools and Logic and AVID Media Composer and Final Cut follow some kind of standard...

Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone ever tried/failed?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Control Surfaces
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

there are some nice links in there. i use a small daw controller but it has been discontinued (one of the big guys bought the company) and old http://www.frontierdesign.com/Products/TranzPort
so im always looking for some nice new ideas for when it breaks.
could not get the tranzport to work with mc though (but works great with SAW studio and Reaper, and i heard logic, protools, and even itunes too)

but i use the shuttlepro 2, the one you spilled the coffe on. the  'problem'  is that it works on the program that has focus sending keyboard shortcuts. but that makes the program it sends too is very responsive. i use autohotkey with it to get some extra functionality (i can send some mc commands and fireup a program). and it works nicely with MC and with reaper.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up