INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hangs When Switching To a Read-Only (In Use) Library  (Read 938 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Hangs When Switching To a Read-Only (In Use) Library
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:43:06 pm »

Like the title says, on my HTPC, I can't switch to an in-use Library.  I get the "In Use" warning, to which I say yes, but then MC just hangs, forever.  I've left it running, trying, for a good 20 minutes and it never recovers.

Switching to local Libraries and Network Libraries seems unaffected.  But I get a 100% failure rate if I try to load a Library that is in-use (read-only style).

I do this a lot on my HTPC to do things that are "disallowed" on network Libraries, like rip new discs.

Speaking of which... This limitation is annoying.  It didn't used to be blocked, and if you had it set up right, it worked perfectly.  Now it is blocked and you can't even try.  Can this be changed so that you're able to try anyway?

I get the problem, of course.  Ripping from a network library never "really" worked.  But, if you ripped to a folder on a network share that was watched by the server's Auto-Import, then it "worked".  MC would still "lose" the ripped files when you quit and restart, I think, but Auto-Import on the Server would find them anyway, so it didn't matter.  Now, to do the same thing, I have to switch to my "directly mapped" version of my main Library (or any other Library, really, that's just less convenient), and then rip to the watched folder.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hangs When Switching To a Read-Only (In Use) Library
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »

Actually... I have a better idea for the issue with ripping.  I'll post that elsewhere.

In any case, switching to a Read-Only Library seems to be broken.  I haven't (yet) had the opportunity to test from other machines, but it is 100% on the HTPC, through multiple builds of MC and reboots.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up