INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 920 Sync Issues  (Read 5623 times)

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 920 Sync Issues
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »

I've recently gotten the Nokia Lumia 920 and I am having some problems syncing it with Media Center 18. When I do the first sync, the device shows up perfectly and the playlists and songs syncs over correctly without issue.

But once I disconnect the phone, and connect back to sync again, Media Center will just get stuck on the "Working..." page. It won't show any songs on my phone and I am unable to sync or do anything with it. Funny thing is if I force disconnect the phone, the lists will then show up and there will be an error from Media Center.

I am unable to get it work unless I delete all the music again manually from the phone through the MTP interface then plug it into Media Center.

It seems like the issue is that it is taking a long time to read all the music files but I've given it up to 10 minutes (which is a long time I believe) just to load the interface and it doesn't. So I am not sure if this has anything to do with the phone or is it a problem with Media Center and the MTP interface?

Thanks,
Derrick
Don't Panic!

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 920 Sync Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:38:26 pm »

I just checked and mine doesn't seem to have this issue. Perhaps not ideal, but have you tried the WP8 sync app? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:37:55 am »

I am having the same issue. Did you find a workaround or fix ?

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

I got tired of the whole thing in the end and switched to Nokia Music; Xbox Music Pass might be worth a shot too. I had a go at syncing a few songs across just now and I still don't have this issue. How much music are we talking here? One thing I noticed was MC wouldn't even recognise my phone until I unlocked it. Worth a shot?

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »

I've noticed odd issues in Windows 7. Seems to be solid in Windows 8. Are either of you running 8?

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »

I'm on 8. To be honest I rarely hook my phone up to the pc; what are you experiencing?

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:57:10 am »

I get issues of the phone dropping connections (USB that is) and also not being detected on some of my Windows 7 setups. On every Windows 8 setup, no problemo.

And yeah - I honestly don't bother either. I've even brought my Windows Phone 7's back into service for music and podcasts. In terms of how reliable it is, I prefer managing my library thru MC and syncing thru Zune too - I've struggled with MC over the years to sync stuff, but it's never been as elegant as the better of the dedicated syncers (like Zune). And unlike iTunes it can monitor folders to reflect changes you make in MC.

And I agree re: a subscription service - XBox Music is, even while it's still broken in WP8, a better experience than involving MC IMO. Nokia Music if you're broke or too casual a user to justify a sub service. If you like an album enough to keep it you can buy it and rip it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up