INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Car Radios  (Read 950 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Multiple Car Radios
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:09:40 am »

Me & my girlfriend have very different tastes in music, so my library is segmented using custom fields, she has her own views and I have mine. I didn't opt to having two libraries because you can't switch libraries in J Remote.

Could we please have multiple car radios/play doctor, each with their own set of rules for file display?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multiple Car Radios
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:10 pm »

I think you're really touching on the idea of user accounts in a single library.  It's something I'd like personally.

We've talked about this at each major version but it hasn't made the cut yet.

For now, you'll have to use views, playlist groups, etc. to keep things separate.  Or two libraries, although I don't like that solution as much (it doesn't work technically for some things like TV recording, etc.).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

Re: Multiple Car Radios
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:52:02 am »

Thanks Matt, I'm sure it'll come around at some point, I'll still be here upgrading each year anyway.

Think I've found a slight workaround for now. I'll create my own. Previously I thought when you manually added a Playchart that it has the same rules for file display as play doctor, just noticed they don't, so now I can create a Car Radio for my girlfriend to output to J Remote and it won't have my audio included. The only thing that she won't have it the radio buttons on the main program. That doesn't really mater though, she never uses the main program, the complexity scares here coupled with how often I am changing little things.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up