INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album art question  (Read 1954 times)

hifrad

• Recent member
Album art question
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:11 am »

If  I want to tag an album so that the cover art for individual tracks (or discs) is different than the "umbrella" cover art for the album, how can I go about doing this.

For instance, if I have a boxed set where each CD has different cover art, I will want to view the cover art in theater view as different for each disc, but when browsing the boxed set as singular album, I would want to see the cover art of the box

Any ideas?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Album art question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »

Cover art is atomic at the album level, so no individual track cover art.

MC can show a single cover art image when grouped at the album level (for all the discs), and then individual cover art per disc when you drill down.  But the cover art selected at the group level is generally the cover art for the first file in the group.

I'm trying to test another scenario out, but am seeing a possible issue.  I'll post more here when I have more information.  Perhaps others can comment too.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

hifrad

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »

any way to assign a folder jpg to function as the group photo and the embedded art jpgs to function for the individual discs?

hifrad

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:10:38 pm »

Mr C, I want to better understand the idea you suggest, that if I tag the first song on the first disc with a boxed set cover it will tag the grouping with that cover, is that correct, or does it work more alphabetically?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:21 pm »

In a categories view (and hence Theater View), if you have an album named, for example:

The Classic Early Recordings

consisting of 5 discs ([Disc #] 1 through 5), and the category is Album, you'll see one cover image.  The image selected will be the first referenced in the first track.

Now, if the next level is Disc #, then you'll see cover art at this level for all five albums, the artwork taken again from the first of each set.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

csimon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:09 am »

Yes - it depends whether you have a level/category for multi-disc/volume sets (album==>volume==>tracks) or whether you go straight from album to tracks. If you have that extra intermediate level than at the preceding album level you will see a fanned stack of the artwork of all discs in the set rather than it picking just the first one, but there is still no way of replacing that with set-level artwork.

zerocool

• Recent member
  • Pure evil - eggs and mustard
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:48 pm »

If  I want to tag an album so that the cover art for individual tracks (or discs) is different than the "umbrella" cover art for the album, how can I go about doing this.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76053.msg515153#msg515153
Pages: [1]   Go Up