INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Video Content through GPU's from MC18  (Read 895 times)

Mogul

• Recent member
Multiple Video Content through GPU's from MC18
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »

Hi All!  This is my first post.  In the process of revamping my HTPC and am in the re-design/configure planning phase.  I am considering a direct serve of multiple video content to different TV's from the HTPC and would like to know if MC18 is capable of doing this with Red October. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multiple Video Content through GPU's from MC18
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:45:57 pm »

Welcome.

Do you mean you want to play multiple videos at one time with one computer to different displays?  This is possible, but control can be a little tricky.

If you only use one display at a time, you can use MC18.exe /MonitorToggle to flip between them.  I do this at home to switch between my desk and theater, which are powered by the same computer hooked to two displays.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mogul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

Yes. My goal here would be to play multiple videos at one time with one computer to different displays.  It would likely only be 2.  If you have some insight as to how to do this I would be most appreciative.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:34 pm »

It's no problem to play any number of videos at once.  You just need a fast enough computer.  You'll want to investigate "zones" inside Media Center.

There are lots of ways to control it.  A phone or tablet is one way.  Using the computer itself or an MCE remote is another way.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up