INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where exactly are playlists/smartlists stored, and how to sync them?  (Read 3427 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

I'd like to easily sync the playlists, smartlists, and custom views between the computers I use, and I can't seem to find in what folder those settings are kept. I looked in the User/AppData/Roaming/J River folder and sub-subfolders, but didn't see anything useful. Would I simply have to sync the entire Library folder?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Where exactly are playlists/smartlists stored, and how to sync them?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »

Probably the easiest way to do this is to :

1) configure your music to appear at the same path on all machines, so that MC's Filename field for all files would be correct
  2) backup your Library, and Restore it on the remote machine.  This should give you the views and playlists, and since (1) above has the same file locations, your files will be found.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »

I just tried restoring the library backed up by another computer, and the playlists did not copy over at all.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

It works.  Repeat Step 2 if necessary.

You can also export All playlists if you want, and have MC import the entire lot.  MC will tell you where the folder tree of playlists gets exported.  File > Export All Playlists.

thesmartmoney

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:53 am »

Hi MrC,

I too need to find the location of my playlists etc, im trying to point my sonos library software at my MC playlists so they then appear within my sonos ipad app. (I cant use JRemote/MC through my synology NAS - unless im missing something!). (I realise I could export/import etc but i want the lists to be live rather than have to continually export/import) - any ideas?

It would be good if within the options>file location section you could specify the save location for the playlists/smartlists.

regards
Steve

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:08:29 pm »

Playlists/Smartlists in MC are in a MC-private format, not for consumption by external programs.  They must be exported for use.

You can use the command:

mc18.exe /mcc 20004,1

to export all playlists to your %appdata%\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Library\Playlists folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up