INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compilations show one Album Cover!  (Read 8952 times)

amham

• Recent member
Compilations show one Album Cover!
« on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:12 pm »

For over a year, since purchasing, I have tried over and over to display a single album cover (cover art) for compilations with no success.  I have queried this group and was given confusing explanations on how to accomplish this, quite frankly I gave up.  Now I see this has been automatically corrected!  It appears that MC17 is, at long last, displaying properly and apparently now pulling the album covers library from iTunes.  What is going on??  Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What the Heck? Now, FINALLY, compilations show one Album Cover!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 02:25:16 pm »

You've populated the Album Artist field?

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

What is the Album Artist field?  Eveytime someone responds they take it for granted that the user is an expert.  PLEASE, I need a STEP BY STEP, do this, do that, explanation.  THANKS

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:43:07 pm »

OK, it seems if you right click on the Album cover and choose "tag" you get a window in the bottom left hand corner with "Album Artist" as an option.  It is populated by 'Varies".  I NEVER ENTERED THIS!  On my spare computer MC17 still shows a single album cover for EACH song, all 25+ songs.  I have not changed anything on either computer.  My main computer has miraculously started to display properly while the spare still shows an album cover for each song (Alligators 25th Anniversary blues compilation).  iTunes handles this easily with a single check box which corrects this problem.  Thanks for any help!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 02:58:07 pm »

You are looking in the right spot. On compilation albums, you will want to populate the Album Artist with the "overall artist" of the CD (ex. for Bing Crosby Presents His Favorite Christmas Songs, the Album Artist would be Bing Crosby). The other option is to clear the Album Artist field. In this case, MC will look and see if the same album (from the album field) is tagged with different artists (from the artist field). If it is, the Album Artist (auto) field will be populated automatically as "Multiple Artists," so that your compilation album stays together in the view. The easiest thing to do is to tag and view albums by the Album Artist (auto) field (example).

Look here for more info: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

amham

• Recent member
Re: Compilations show one Album Cover!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:10 pm »

I can add "Various Artists" to each song and also add the "Various Artists Auto" field BUT I still need to change every song/album to various with no apparent effect.  Still the same multiple songs/album covers...I see no universal auto correct feature occurring.  This should not be this difficult!  Thanks for your assistance. 

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:05:58 pm »

amham - in an earlier post, you asked for a step-by-step.  I provided you with what you requested.

But then you aborted that course, and discussed how MC was too difficult.  As a user like yourself, I can't change Media Center, but can help you obtain your original goal... but only if you stay focused on that goal, which was to have your albums group together correctly.

I am, and others are, happy to help you get there.

Were you unable to follow the steps I provided the last time?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

OK, the only method that worked is to change ALL the artists to "Various Artists" and open and close MC17 repeatedly.  I now have two album covers, disk I/II with all songs listed correctly (computer 2).  However, the artists are now unknown for each song (of course, this is due to Various Artists entered).  Now, why is it correctly displayed on my main computer 1 without any entries from me (it displays various artists automatically removing the original artist)?  Same newest version MC17 and I did not enter or make any changes, again, it looks as if it is pulling the iTunes library (?).  Thanks to all.  

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 02:39:57 pm »

I'll ask again, did you follow the steps I provided in the previous post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72074.msg487574#msg487574

If not, please try those steps exactly.  If you don't understand a step, let me know and I'll provide more info.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up