INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to MC18 from WMC? Multi-Disc?  (Read 1259 times)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
Moving to MC18 from WMC? Multi-Disc?
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:21:44 pm »

I've been a WMC / MyMovies user for years, and I'm thinking of moving to MC18. I have a couple of quick questions before I buy:

1.)  All of my DVD/BD discs are owned, but I have stored them in online folders for convenience (have LOTS of storage). I was using TMT to play the discs, but (a) it was always buggy, and (b) they just implemented Cinevia, which is preventing me from playing copies of discs that I have purchased, thereby making the whole system fairly useless. Does MC18 implement/have any plan to implement Cinevia?

2.)  Many of my DVD/BD sets have multiple discs. How do you set up MC18 (like MyMovies) so that there is one tile in the theater view for a given movie, and then have the ability to select from among multiple discs once you have selected the overall movie tile?

Thanks! And, apologies if I missed this information in the forum/Wiki. I've spent a couple of hours looking, at least for the multi-disc answer, but I have not found what I'm looking for.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving to MC18 from WMC? Multi-Disc?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »

On item 1: I'll start by stating that I don't speak for JRiver, but I belive I can tell you will certainty that JRiver is not working on anything to defeat Cinavia. Copy protection is not a focus or purpose of JRiver.
You can read up on Cinavia here  - http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86
From what I've read, there are not that many disks/movies with Cinavia. Not all new disks come with it (the studio has to pay a royalty to have this feature).
Accordign to Slysoft, Cinavia is a yet a problem worth fixing. And it can be avioded completly by not buying/installing a BD drive that detects Cinavia. If you are having problems with a movie or two, I assume you are playing on a realatively new player (I belive "some" players sold after 2010 have the Cinavia detection, but none before 2010 do). So you may be better to find an older player (maybe off E-bay or Overstock, etc.) or just wait until SlySoft creates the fix for it before buying any new movies (with that feature) that you intend to rip.
Good luck

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

I don't think actual Blu-ray Drives detect Cinavia, its a "feature" in the software players. So if the player is just not aware of Cinavia, it will just ignore it, and everything is fine.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up