INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple artist tracks  (Read 1043 times)

muttoab

• Recent member
Multiple artist tracks
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:28:06 pm »

Apologies in advance if this is one of those "missing the obvious" questions but can't seem to solve and a search here hasn't cleared this up.

Would like to tag multiple artist albums so that they appear in the audio tree under each individual artist. For example, I have a copy of the album "G3 Live in Concert". I want it to appear under Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Eric Johnson (individually) so that if I go to any one of them, the album appears. I've tried semicolon separating the names in the artist field but this only means that MC considers the first name in the list. I've read something on here about changing the artist field to a list type but seems odd that I'd have to code for something that is the default behaviour in other apps.

I've noticed that this album is always listed as "single artist (incomplete)" in the album type field despite everything I've tried whereas a similar album "G3 Rockin the Free World" is now listed under "(Multiple artists)" and has "multiple artist (complete) in the album type field by using the same semicolon delimited artist list idea. This isn't the behaviour I want either however.

Thanks kindly.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Multiple artist tracks
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:32 pm »

Artist is already a List.   If you are using semicolons, then the item is in the database for all the artists.

MC18 is based on Views.

So, the View you are using is not showing "Artists".   It is probably showing " Album Artist (auto) ", which takes the first artist.

I would need to know more of what View you are using, to give more advice.

muttoab

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 03:47:48 pm »

I'm just using the standard view. Not changed anything since install. On the tree on the left I've got Audio...Artists. Under "Artists" I have "all artists" then "(Multiple artists)" then under that is the list of all the artists in my library.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:51 pm »

Customize the Artists view, and change Album Artist (auto) to Artist.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:05 pm »

More details on what MrC suggested:

Right-click on "Artists" in the tree and select Customize View:

Then you will see "Show Categories in this order".  Highlight Album Artist (Auto), and click on Commands->Edit.

Highlight Artist, click OK twice.

muttoab

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »

Well it sounds simple when YOU say it! ;-)

Thanks much - that's all it was....
Pages: [1]   Go Up