INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album on single .flac file + cuesheet, problems on MC clients  (Read 1219 times)

psam

• World Citizen
Album on single .flac file + cuesheet, problems on MC clients
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:10 am »

Well, I 've posted repeatedly this problem but it still causes trouble.
Here goes once more:

A music album is on a single .flac file on the PC. supported by a cuesheet .cue file.
I have one issue and one problem.

The issue is that when the directory containing the album is auto imported, the library imports not only the individual tracks but the whole album as a single track as well.
So I am getting the first track , say four minutes long, as defined in the .cue file, then another track of 38 minutes with the name of the album, then the rest of the tracks.
I don't want to turn AutoImport off because this is the only way the library is synced with my music directory. Is there a way to prevent these containing files from being imported, while the tracks are imported normally?

The next problem is very annoying and it has not been fixed even though I have reported it as soon as version 18 came out.

When I play these files on a client (one PC running Win7 and one laptop running Win XP), and I have checked Media Network>Client Options>Audio Conversion>Conversion>Always Convert Audio, the first track plays fine but from then on , Media Center plays each track for a couple seconds and then it skips to the next track, so in less than a minute the Album is over.

When I try to play a track (except Track 1) directly I have the same problem.

Please note that I had no such problem with version 17. So I don't think it a problem on my hardware.
How can I help fixing this?

For me it is a serious problem. The Media Center server is connected to my stereo, but usually I don't use a keyboard on it, I use the remote control.

Library management (playlists, ratings, taging etc.) takes place from my PC connected as a client. This PC is in a different place of the house and the available bandwidth is not always enough to play 24/192 flac files. So I need the Audio conversion to 320kb/s MP3.

Thank you,
Panagiotis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album on single .flac file + cuesheet, problems on MC clients
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:20:20 pm »

If you think it's a bug, place a quick description and a link in the thread that announces the latest build.  Confirm that it is the version you're using.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »

If you think it's a bug, place a quick description and a link in the thread that announces the latest build.  Confirm that it is the version you're using.
Thank you Jim, I will do just that.

Please note , however, that I have followed the path you recommend in previous build threads with no luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »

You could import only cue sheets from certain directories.  Edit the settings for the folder in auto import.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 11:20:34 pm »

You could import only cue sheets from certain directories.  Edit the settings for the folder in auto import.
You mean, manually? This is extremely complicated I believe...

My directory structure is

Music/Losless/Pop-Rock/Jimmy Buffet/Volcano 1979/
Music/Losless/Pop-Rock/Jimmy Buffet/Coconut Telegraph 1980/

etc., where Album "Volcano" may be a single .flac file while "Coconut Telegraph" may be individual .flac files with no cuesheet file...
With a few thousand albums, entering each directory in the AutoImport setup screen it is certain things will get messed up...

Or do you mean there is there a way to automate this ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up