INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Episode/Movie Names for Network Devices?  (Read 932 times)

Deepestblue

Changing Episode/Movie Names for Network Devices?
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:25:35 am »

Hi there,

I tried to figure it out for a couple of hours now, but I keep failing: especially for TV-series-episodes I would like to change the name, so my network devices (e.g. WD Live) will list more meaningful names when I browse the  episodes. Right now they are named "Episode 1", "Episode 2", etc. ... which of course becomes a problem with series that have more than one season. I'd rather have something like "S01E01 - Title of Episode", or - if everything else is not possible - the original filename. JRiver MediaCenter seems to read/generate the tags and then use only them.

I managed to add a custom field ("Name2") to the MediaCenters overview-page for TV-series which works exactly like defined above, but I'd don't know how to tell the programm to use this tag instead of the episode-names (or how to alter the episode-names to contain the same). Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot,

Jan

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Changing Episode/Movie Names for Network Devices?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:34 am »

Hi Jan,

All the DLNA view customization is done under:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > Customize Views...

The Items to Show appear at the root when you navigate, and each section defines the drill down.  Take a look at what's already there and compare that to what you see on the device.

Don't both spending much time trying to create custom fields yet.  You're likely able to construct a simple expression to generate what you want based upon existing tags such as Episode, Series, Name, Season, etc.

As a suggestion - create a new, custom Standard View of type Categories, and configure that similarly to how you'd like your DLNA view to appear.  This is faster, since you can see the changes more directly in MC rather than having to muck with the DLNA device.  When you have that going, you can configure the DLNA server view the same way.

This excellent overview of customizing the MC view system will help you out.  Ask if you have more questions:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Deepestblue

Re: Changing Episode/Movie Names for Network Devices?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:50:05 am »

Wow, what a fast and great answer. You guys really rock. Thanks so much! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up