INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: DVB-IP Support (UDP, RTP formats)  (Read 2327 times)

Mars

• World Citizen
Feature Request: DVB-IP Support (UDP, RTP formats)
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »

With VLC player it is possible to play IPTV channels through the RTP Protocol in the format rtp://@(IP of the channel):(port), like for example rtp://@239.0.0.77:8208.

I've tried to play this with MC, both ways, as an url or as an M3U, but it hasn't worked. Is there any way to play these streams with MC? If not, how can IPTV channels be integrated?

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:26:37 am »

I learned that the third party Dvblink package makes also possible to watch IP channels through virtual DVB-S tuners in WMC. However, it seems that the architecture it uses is not compatible with MC:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74535.msg506009#msg506009

Are there any options for it to be implemented in further versions? Here in the Old Continent we would give you a big Thank You for it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:06:18 am »

I'm turning this thread into a feature request, just an elegant way to say... Bump

Here in my country, most of the ISP’s provide TV services (DVB-IP) through set-top boxes. They also supply a playlist with the IP of each channel, so the service can also be accessed through the HTPC with the adequate software. VLAN and MPC-HC already have the ability of playing RTP and UDP streams. MediaPortal brings a driver, the IPTV Source Filter card, with which the DVB-IP sources can be integrated among the others (DVB-T, DVB-S, etc.), taking advantage of all the TV features (EPG grabbing, records scheduling, channel ordering, …).

Being a MC enthusiast, I would like it to be the only frontend for us at home. Implementing this ability would absolutely make it.

I would be glad to help with any testings required.
Pages: [1]   Go Up