INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library server connection issues  (Read 933 times)

joh

• World Citizen
library server connection issues
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:54:08 pm »

Hello,
i frequently (but intermittently - have not been able to identify a pattern) run into problems when trying to access my 'library server' across my LAN. I get the message:
"Attempting connection to 192.168.1.103" and then the same but with IP adress "83.227.158.194" (which I don't recognize). Once this has started,
I don't get a connection until after re-installing mediacenter.
Any hints!
Olle

joh

• World Citizen
Re: library server connection issues
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:09:08 am »

Does no one recognize this? I thought it would be a common issue. I also realize that re-installing MC does not always help.
BR
Olle

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:51:55 am »

What device are you trying to use to connect to the MC Library?  Is it another PC on your LAN runing MC or a Handheld (eg like Andriod Using GIZMO?)

FYI - 192.168.1.103 with be the IP address of your MC Library PC on the local LAN, and 83.227.158.194 will be the public IP Address of your Router on the IP network.  Eg it tried to connect first on the LAN then via the WAN.
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:06:01 am »

Our wiki has a topic called "Network Access" that might help.

It's normal that MC will try both addresses.  If you're at home, your inside address will work (unless your phone's wireless is off).  Outside your home, the outside address is the only one that will work.  MC doesn't know which it is, so both are tried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up