INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newest MC registration won't let me change email address.  (Read 1973 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Newest MC registration won't let me change email address.
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:55:54 pm »

I just changed my email address via the restore page.  I tested it by having it send my reg codes to the new address.  The email I get has codes for MC10 through MC16 -- MC17 is missing for some reason.  When I use the restore page to send my reg codes to my previous email address, it sends JUST the code for MC17 and nothing else.  In other words, MC10 - MC16 are now associated with my new email address, but MC17 is still associated with the old one.  How do I get ALL my licenses to associate with my new email address?

Note that when I did a restore earlier today -- before changing my email -- the email sent to my old address had ALL my licenses, MC10 through MC17.

(Just in case this matters, my MC17 license appears to work with MC18, so it's actually an MC17/18 license.)

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Newest MC registration won't let me change email address.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:12:43 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73515.msg518979#msg518979

Your MC17 license uses an email at socal.rr.com

I know -- the MC17 license is still associated with my rr address for some reason even though I did the "change email address" thing on the restore page, which DID work for all my other MC licenses (MC10 through MC16.)  The question is why didn't the MC17 license change to the new address along with all the others.  All my MC licenses except one changed over to the new address (gmail), but the MC17 code "stayed behind" for some reason.  My licenses are now split between two email addresses.  How do I get the MC17 license to shift over to the new gmail address so that ALL my codes are under the new address?

Thanks for your help,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »

I think I figured it out -- It appears that I used a different password for my MC17 purchase, which was making it "stick" to my older address.  I went back to the "change email" part of the restore page and used a different (correct) password, and now my MC17 license is in the list with all my other licenses, and they're all associated with my newer email address.

I also went ahead and purchased a new MC18 license, and it is showing up there as well.

Thanks for the help,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up