INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scrape IMDb for movie information  (Read 4323 times)

Vandaahl

Scrape IMDb for movie information
« on: December 23, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »

I like how MediaCenter scrapes several valuable sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Wikipedia, but is there any way to add IMDb as an extra source for movie information? Like actors, director, synopsis etc? I searched the forum and all I found were intermediate solutions based on importing data from other applications, like Personal Video Database. This is not what I am looking. I played around with XBMD and it has an add-on that scrapes IMDb information, from within XBMC itself. Can this be done for MediaCenter 18 as well?

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Scrape IMDb for movie information
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:16:58 am »

I too would like very much to see this in my newly upgraded Media Center 18. In previous editions, I could search for movie information from several sources, like Rotten Tomatoes, now I only see Wikipedia. Am I missing a way to search other databases in the new MC18?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Scrape IMDb for movie information
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:22:56 am »

I too would like very much to see this in my newly upgraded Media Center 18. In previous editions, I could search for movie information from several sources, like Rotten Tomatoes, now I only see Wikipedia. Am I missing a way to search other databases in the new MC18?

Most of the time I get results from several sources in MC18. But every now and then it seems to get stuck for several movies on Wikipedia. And that is my least favorite source - it mostly gives info of interest to those in the movie industry, and very little about the movie plot.

If you want to pursue this I suggest you start a new thread about it in the main MC Forum. It will get much more notice there.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up