INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to assign key presses to adjust speed of playback  (Read 1489 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
Ability to assign key presses to adjust speed of playback
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:03 pm »

Hi All,

I think I might have requested this a feature request some time ago, but have looked through some old post and have a quick search and I can't find anything.

This is a big reason I moved away from MC for a while, at least fo the playback of certain media files. Of course this is really annoying as I would like to use MC as my one and only place to go to play all media.

I view and listed to a lot of CBT based material (audio and video) and have a requirement to be able to speed up playback simply and effectively. I know you can go into the DSP Studio, enable Tempo and Pitch control, then move the slider on the Tempo to speed things up, but this is cumbersome and awkward, especially when you switch between media.

I want to be able to set some simple key presses to enable/disable this feature or speed up/slow down tempo without having to navigate away from the content. VLC allows me to press the up/down arrows to speed up/slow down the content, and whilst these buttons are used to navigate to some short cut menus.

Indeed, I have another use whereby I could map some buttons on a remote control to do the same thing - very usful for dance classes.

There has got to be a way to do this, but I'm damned if I can see how.

Chris

swinster

• World Citizen
Re: Ability to assign key presses to adjust speed of playback
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:36 pm »

I knew I had asked about this before - back as a feature request in MC17! (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73353.msg498996#msg498996).

Can I take it that this STILL isn't possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up