INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping 21 songs into 21 separate albums  (Read 3342 times)

lancair

• Recent member
Ripping 21 songs into 21 separate albums
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »

When I rip a CD with various artists, such as the 2004 Grammy nominees, J River 17 rips 21 separate albums each with one song. All have the same album cover. How do I consolidate those 21 separate albums into the one album.

Thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Ripping 21 songs into 21 separate albums
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:53:10 pm »

When you rip a various artists CD, be sure to select the option in the Rip dialog.  It will place the album under the folder (Multiple Artists), and that will be used as the Album Artist.  If you want to set your own album-wide Album Artist, that will be used.

Since the tracks are already ripped, select all the tracks and assign a single Album Artist.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lancair

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »

Thanks so much. Couldn't find that solution anywhere. Much appreciated

Classical1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41:06 am »

Not sure if this is related but how do you rip a multiple disc CD. Beethoven piano Concertos is a set of 3 disks but want it stored as one CD. Is this possible?

Thank You

csimon

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:53 am »

After ripping, make sure each track across all discs has the same Album Artist and Album, and blank out anything that might be in Disc #. You might also want to resequence the Track numbers.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »

Some people do it a little differently, but it really doesn't matter too much.

Set Disc # for each, and ensure Album, and Album Artist (auto) is the same for all tracks.  Album Artist (auto) requires that either Artist is set and singular, or Album Artist is set (when Artist varies across tracks or you want to group the album under a different name than Artist). 

This gives a means to see a multi-disc album as a unit, or as its three components.  The default views will show them as one component.  It is also generally more consistent with looked-up CD metadata, since this data is referenced by the physical disc itself.  Each disc is stored in its own folder, typically labelled (automatically by rules) as [Album] CD[Disc #] or some variation.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up