INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally dumped iPod for Galaxy S3, but MC unable to sync the device  (Read 14318 times)

helpme

Re: Finally dumped iPod for Galaxy S3, but MC unable to sync the device
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 06:16:23 pm »

Besides the issues already mentioned in this thread (re syncing all the files every time and not fully syncing playlists)

I have found another issue:-

For the playlists (or parts of playlists) that do sync they disappear when the Phone is powered down and restarted.

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »

FWIW I have much the same syncing issues with the Sony Xperia S LT26i Android ver 4.1.2
MC18.0.211
Using device internal memory (no SD card option on Xperia S)
Syncing 1,211 files in 41 playlists using default paths and re-encode set for incompatible and high bit rate files
Log file attached was with Xperia in SB debugging mode, however results don't seem to be any different out of debugging mode.

Specifically;
- Upon plugging in the device MC shows in the Action pane "Device is fully synchronized" (it is not), while the pane under the Device tab shows "Working..." After around 30 mins (Resource monitor shows MC Av CPU 1.4%) before the display populates with the device contents
- Shows 41 items (no apparent exclusive distinction) In Queue to be synched even though they are already on the device and have not changed
- On synch shows Uploading: 100% then Error in status, yet the track is there on the device
- Playlist pla files copied to device, but empty with 0 byte size

In another issue;
When synching a large number of files for the first time, with many requiring re-encoding, set file path for music is not honored and most files are transferred to the root of the device.

I'm thinking to adopt this work around until there is a fix http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75363.msg520619#msg520619 Other than my iPod I have never had much success or reliability in the Synch Handheld feature and usually just use Windows Explorer to transfer files but I'd like to also get playlists working and automate the process.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:26 pm »

I was just wondering if there are any updates to these sync issues with Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy series.  I see people refer to problems with the "MTP" protocol that these phones use, but it seems like there are quite a few phones that use this protocol, so if this IS the issue, are there any plans to make MC work with this protocol?  Note that the issue is not simply a problem with copying/syncing files to these phones with windows given that windows itself has no problems copying the same group of files to the phone via windows explorer.

Thanks for any updates to this issue,

Larry

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 06:36:11 am »

Yes I too would like to know if this is still being investigated, I know there are a couple of similar threads but I haven't seen any solutions proposed. I recently ditched my iphone for a Samsung Galaxy note 3 partly in the hope of better compatibility with MC, so I'm really disappointed to find the Samsungs have issues too. Have things gone quiet because MC19 has fixed the problems?

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 05:54:44 pm »

Would like to know this too... I'm currently syncing my s3 mini by putting the sd card in the computer..which feels a tad.. well, let's just put it this way. I'm rarely syncing nowadays :(

But if syncing works in 19, I'm bying it right now!

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:14 pm »

Yes I too would like to know if this is still being investigated, I know there are a couple of similar threads but I haven't seen any solutions proposed. I recently ditched my iphone for a Samsung Galaxy note 3 partly in the hope of better compatibility with MC, so I'm really disappointed to find the Samsungs have issues too. Have things gone quiet because MC19 has fixed the problems?

Same deal : ditched iphone for Note 2 (now on Note 3), but due to these issues, having to carry around a Sansa flip for my music!!

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

Bump...
Anyone in JRiver care to comment if this issue is being looked at or has been fixed in MC19.

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

I find no discernible improvement in handheld support in MC19.
I upgraded my phone to the Sony Xperia Z1 running 4.4.2 and it is not even recognized as handheld by MC19. It was under 4.2 but was still unusable for all the reasons given in this and other threads.
Is there any phone or portable mp3 player that is successfully supported by MC?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up