INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set MCE remote button for Playdoctor?  (Read 949 times)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Set MCE remote button for Playdoctor?
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »

Hi All
Ive finally recently setup a proper HTPC with MC18 after years of struggling with Xbox.s PS3s and   AppleTV and am loving it. Im ripping my extensive collection of DVDs Blu Rays and CDs and got everything decoding properly the way I want it and its unreal!

Ive had MC for a few years since version 13 i think, and am now trying to get some funky things done from the MCE remote.
What I would like to do is tie a keyboard shortcut to a spare learned IR code to get play doctor to automatically create a new playdoctor playlist based on the current playing song. Id also like to set the MCE keypad buttons to trigger predefined or random playlists.

Im a little stuck! Ive tried going through the remote settings and I can learn codes just fine but I cant set the keyboard shortcuts I want. Only the builtin MCC remote commands are there.

Ive noticed there is an extensive list of MC keyboard shortcuts in the wiki for issuing commands via commandline which is great, but I cant find a playdoctor command.
I think ive worked out how to do a custom run command from the remote settings command screen but i think i just need to know the MC numeric code for playdoctor?!?!

If anyone else has any hints or ideas around triggering play doctor from a MCE remote and programming custom commands generally from the remote please help!  I think Im almost there!!

Hilton

Re: Set MCE remote button for Playdoctor?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »

Bump :)

Hilton

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:23:31 am »

Ok ive had a really good look around here, in the wiki and google, and I cant find anything about a play doctor core command.

Matt is this something that you could consider adding?

For now Im going to experiment with an old Slink-e and girder and possibly make a custom macro to trigger play doctor.
Slink-e with girder will give me a lot more commands I can trigger with custom remote profiles too which should be interesting! ;) (Compared to the MCE remote)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:58:07 am »

I don't know of a direct way, but you can certainly get there.  For example, try these consecutive MC commands:

Navigate to the Playing Now zone of your choice (here I'm using Player):

mc18.exe /showtreepath "Playing Now\Player"

Issue about 16 Tab characters to tab to Play Doctor.  (I'm not sure how to issue a Shift-Tab to reverse only 2 tabs vs 16)

mc18.exe /mcc 27000,9

Submit the Enter key:

mc18.exe /mcc 27000,13

Play Doctor will now start.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up