INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Gizmo/WebGizmo customized views  (Read 1277 times)

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Problem with Gizmo/WebGizmo customized views
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:45 am »

There is inconsistency between how views in J River itself and Gizmo/WebGizmo work.

Say you change albums to sort by Oldest first under an artist in the J River it still uses the album name as the secondary sort value.  So 2 albums from the same year will show up alphabetically by name.  If you do the same thing when defining a custom view for Gizmo/WebGizmo the Oldest First sorts fine but it doesn't sort by name as the second sort value.

I name my multi disc albums with [Disc 1] [Disc 2] etc. in the name.  Some show up in alphabetical order some don't in Gizmo.

If there is a way to define multiple sort values please let me know, otherwise it would be appreciated if it could be consistent with the regular views in J River.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Problem with Gizmo/WebGizmo customized views
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:24 pm »

All the sorting can be configured under the categories listed under Details in the customizing {Web}Gizmo options.  Select the Item you want to configure (e.g. Audio > Album) and then select the category on the right to sort, and Edit.  Define the sort order from the pull down list.

If you want a different sort order, one that isn't listed, you can use the Sort preset manager.  It is located in an any Standard view's customization area (the pull downs at the view's tabs - select Sort By, and go into the Preset area).  Define a sort order, and save it as a Preset.  This can be then called up on other contexts.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:08 pm »

I'm on one cup of coffee - if this was a little too terse, or high-level, feel free to ask for more detail.  If you can then mention which specific view you want changed, and define the sort order, that will make instructions easier to write.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »

No that's what I needed.  Thank You!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up