INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question/Idea about dual screen and Zones  (Read 872 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Question/Idea about dual screen and Zones
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:50 am »

I am wondering something I can't test myself because I don't have a second TV (yet).

Would it be possible when you have 2 discrete graphics cards with HDMI out (ie, the HD4000 and a GT430), to hook up 2 TV's and configure them to seperate zones? Would it be possible to play 2 videos independently to each zone?

Then with 2 ipads, one could play to zone1 and the other play to zone2.

Is anyone doing this already that can share experiences?

Thanks

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Question/Idea about dual screen and Zones
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

With an extended desktop, you can do this, or a poor man's version, using one video card and detached displays. Should be fine as long as the card isn't too taxed decoding two video streams. Would love to see true multi video-zone support like you mention with the possibility of multiple video cards. My house is mostly wired to do this right now.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Question/Idea about dual screen and Zones
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:34:42 am »

Its not really what I meant, I think.

I don't want extended desktop mode or fiddle with detached displays. I would like to have 2 zones and each zone use its own videocard.

I was thinking of running a hdmi from the unused HD4000 to another room, along with 2 speaker wires from the unused back surround on my receiver. If I could combine these in a zone and use an ipad to play a video to that zone, would that work? I don't care what that TV displays when nothing is playing, as long as the main desktop and MC is displayed on the main TV its cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up