INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling Stupid, but...  (Read 869 times)

brioswald

• Recent member
Feeling Stupid, but...
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:17:49 pm »

in Media Center 18, how do I stack or join objects?  For example, one of my hobbies is collecting film score music, however since many of these things have more than one contributer, when I import the media, I might end up with several different sources listed. Let's take "The Legend of 1900."  The main composer is Ennio Morricone, but I have 9 (yes, NINE) different entries under the "Album" view.  How do I A. combine them into one listing, and B. move the source files so that they are not in 9 different directories without screwing up my library?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Feeling Stupid, but...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »

Hi there.

Check and ensure the following:

1) Album is exactly the same for all tracks
2) All tracks reside in the same physical folder
3) Disc # is the same if all the tracks are from a single disc (empty of a single disc, or the correct disc number for a multi-disc set)
4) Set Artist to the single artist you want to use (and clear Album Artist if it is the same as Artist) or for albums with various artists, set individual track artists in the Artist field, and either set Album Artist to the single entry you want to use for grouping the album, or leave it blank and MC will group such albums under the artist "(Multiple Artists)".

The easiest way to check sameness is to open the Action Window > Tag, select all the tracks, and examine the Album, Artist, Album Artist, Disc # tracks.  If it says Varies, that means this field varies for the selected tracks.  You can make changes there to unify to a single value.

Of note, the term "Stacks" in MC is for something different.  You mean Grouping here.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up