INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting and tagging files  (Read 902 times)

gworrel

• Recent member
Selecting and tagging files
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:54 pm »

I like to use some of the standard smartlists like songs rated 4 or 5 and 100 random songs.  When using 100 random songs, I have modified it to exclude some genres like audiobooks and podcasts (shouldn't this be standard?) but I have discovered that some of the audiobooks I have in JRiver are not tagged with a genre. 

So today when I heard one start playing (always fun for parties), I chose "locate in Media Center" so I then had a list of all the files in this particular audiobook displayed. I then tried to select all by using enter and shift-enter but I could not get more than one selected. Select all from the edit menu didn't work either. So how do I add or change a genre for a group of files without doing one at a time? I have just spent at least 20 minutes trying to find the answer. I see a grayed out option called "pane tagging" but it does not seem to be in the wiki and I cannot find it in options so I have no idea what it does or how to activate it.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Selecting and tagging files
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

Shift-Click and Ctrl-Click standard windows selection procedures work.
ctrl-a also works for select all if you want all files displayed to be selected.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »

Also, the focus was probably on the Tree, not in the File List.  Click anywhere in the File List (the right side view) to select files there.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gworrel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

I should have known. It was a logmein problem. I was using logmein to access my htpc and for some reason the Shift-click is not working. I tried it again, made sure the focus was in the right place, and it still did not work.  When I loaded Media Center on my desktop, everything worked as you would expect. I just wish the changes from the client would sync automatically.  Last time I made changes to the library on the client pc, I forgot to sync the changes and lost them.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:19:17 pm »

Tools, options, media network, client options, auto sync with server
Check the box
Do that on the client machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up