INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignore extra text in Movie Titles?  (Read 800 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Ignore extra text in Movie Titles?
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:19 am »

When I created my movie collection, I did use the idea of one movie in one folder. But as I have many movies with the same title (True Grit, etc) I decided to put the year in brackets after the movie name. And since newer, better looking versions of the same movies come out, I needed a reliable way to see what the resolution of the movie was without having to play it. So I have Movies in Folders and the Movie and the Folder are named the same.
Example: Universal Soldier [1080p] [1992] or Navigator [720p] [1924].
This worked fine for XBMC, but I like MC much better, in so many ways. Unfortunately the "get TV and movie info" wizard chokes on the extra characters. Sure I could just remove the extras, re-import, fix the few with the same names manually, and then use MC to tell me reso. But I have a lot all names this way, and i use the name to search for files for specific requests. Like, "Show me a file list of all movies in 2012" Lets just say there is other non MC reasons I would like to keep the names the way they are.
Now my question. Is there a way to make the wizard ignore certain characters? Like my brackets ?
If there is one I can switch to it using batch file renamers. Like maybe these {} bracket stuff not to scrape.
Does that make sense?

Thanks for a wonderful product.

Don

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Ignore extra text in Movie Titles?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:11:52 pm »

I think it would be better to keep only the name in the name field, but use an expression for captions like: [Name] /[[Year]/]

This way, you keep the data in the correct field for lookups, sorting, etc. but have the flexibility to do whatever you like at display time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up