INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 Black on Blue skin  (Read 2221 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
MC18 Black on Blue skin
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:15:14 am »

I have just upgraded from MC17 to MC 18.
And I wonder were is the Black on Blue skin which I have always liked most?
And the Skin manager is gone too so how can I download that again? I believe it was there I could download skins.
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: MC18 Black on Blue skin
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:07:41 am »

You can download and install your skin by clicking here. You'll find your skin somewhere out there.

If you're looking for the Skin Manager, you can join this discussion ;)

Hope this helped :)

Captor

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:17:21 am »

StFeder, Thanks for the link. I will try that. I took the skin from MC17 but that did not fit properly.
About the skin manager, have read the discussion now. That sounds like there will be no skin manager
in the future. Is that correct? The discussion is not telling for sure...
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »

That sounds like there will be no skin manager in the future. Is that correct? The discussion is not telling for sure...
As far as I know it still is a bit unsure what will happen to the skin manager. We will see what future brings...

I took the skin from MC17 but that did not fit properly.
Did you copy the skin from the old folder to the new one? This should work. What doesn't fit? I just took a quick look at it and it seems to look quiet right...

Captor

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:02:47 am »

StFeder: I will make a printscreen for you tomorrow or the day after. Today is Christmas evening so Have to visit my family
 :)
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:35:44 am »

Hello again, StFeder: OK here come
As far as I know it still is a bit unsure what will happen to the skin manager. We will see what future brings...
Did you copy the skin from the old folder to the new one? This should work. What doesn't fit? I just took a quick look at it and it seems to look quiet right...
Hello again, StFeder: Here comes a printscreen showing what I mean. I hope you can open it.
About the file that you sent. What shall i do with that? Install in some way? I have try to just put it in the skin folder but that did not help. I have also try to install it from C: and then something happen but I can not tell what... It did not turn up in MC18 at least. Can I install it from inside MC?
The printscreen is showing the old Black on Blue skin from MC17 just placed in the skin folder of MC18.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

Damn! I forgot the printscreen... here it comes.
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 02:45:54 pm »

If you clicked on my first link it should download a file called "837.mjp". If everything is configured right with your system MC should automatically open this file and then download and install the skin. You can also try to drag & drop the "837.mjp" onto MC. Should also do the trick I guess. If not: I recommend to reinstall MC!

Concerning your skin bug: looks as if it's font size related. As you can see at my attached screenshot (same screen resolution as you use) you are obviously using another font size. Does it happen to all skins or just to Black and Blue?

If only Black and Blue: Try to reinstall the skin.
If all skins: have a look at your MC program options. Therefor open Tools -> Options. Type "select font" at the lower left. Select "Tree & View" at the upper left. Click "Select font..." on the right. Should be a size round about 9pt. But: I'm not absolutely sure if this setting also effects the font size of the players display or only the font size of the library views. You'll see ;)

Captor

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

Yes, thank you. I have download the file 837.mjp and I have installed it as well for the second time. It is now in the program folder in the folder "skin" together with the rest of skins.
It is this particular skin together with Noire Glass and thunderstorm (I just noticed). Those 3 skins have the same problem. I use big text (150%) in the resolution setting so that I can sit in the sofa and see well on the screen 4 m in front of me.
However, when I change back to MC17 everything looks just perfect! The problem came with MC18. So there is some kind of bug here. Is it correct that they donīt plan to do something about that? And also there will be no skin manager more?
I have still not payed for MC18 and I am thinking of going back to 17. There is nothing in 18 that gains me as far as I can see so far.
And the support has been pretty poor lately as well. I would like to have some help about converting my flacs to apple lossless so that I can put them into my ipod classic. But no answer in the forum from the JRiver crew. I asked 2-3 weeks ago. Sad...
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:53:34 pm »

I would like to have some help about converting my flacs to apple lossless so that I can put them into my ipod classic. But no answer in the forum from the JRiver crew. I asked 2-3 weeks ago. Sad...

Matt (the head of JRiver Developers) answered this question a longer time ago:
     "ALAC is closed and proprietary, which makes it difficult to support nicely.
      For this reason, Media Center doesn't have an ALAC encoder.
"

edit: I just took a look at your other thread.

The problem came with MC18. So there is some kind of bug here. Is it correct that they donīt plan to do something about that?
I'm not sure, if JRiver already knows about this bug. Perhaps this should be reported. They are eliminating MANY bugs right now. As long as they don't (remember: it's Christmas holiday right now!), you can use my attached file to have a quick solution for your skin. Just copy the attached file to the skin folder. Let me know, if it still doesn't fit!

Captor

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:09 am »

StFeder: Thank you for the Player bar! It is almost good now. Could maybe be 1 or 2 mm higher but not sure. That is not the big deal.
See the attached picture. In what software do you do this correction? Maybe I can do that by myself if it is not to complicated?

About Mattīs answer: Yes, I have read that as well but then in the otherhand I read in the newsletter that apple is fully implemented so thatīs the reason why I upgraded. This is what it is saying: "AIFF and ALAC encoding Both Apple formats are full citizens now with complete decoding, encoding, and tagging support".
So I am very confused now. Is it meaning apple is full citizen but can not convert flac to Alac or aiff??

To be true I am not so happy with ipod myself. But that is a mp3 player with a big storage (160 GB) and there are many speaker docks out there that fits. And the size is small. I am on travel a lot and that is when I need it. I have not found anything else I can use. I guess in 1-2 years the smartphones will have bigger storage capacity and then I will throw my ipod to hell! But until then I have to accept it. Sad that the best musicplayer out there cant convert the apple files completely all the way from my JRiver flac files to Apple lossless.

It looks like many members here would like to have the same function as myself.
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »

See the attached picture. In what software do you do this correction? Maybe I can do that by myself if it is not to complicated?
It's very easy to do in Gimp. I attached another version here. Perhaps it fits.

Is it meaning apple is full citizen but can not convert flac to Alac or aiff??

For me MC can convert flac to ALAC (and aiff!). Right click any file (no matter if mp3 or flac or wav) and select "Library Tools -> Convert Format". In the lower left of MC (inside the so called "Action Window") you then can select ALAC or aiff (and many more) as destination format. And for me it works. You also can make MC automatically convert files that should be synced to an Handheld. I'm not sure if your connection to your iPod works, but if it does it should do everything you expect I think.

Captor

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 10:49:01 am »

StFeder: Now the player bar fits perfectly, see att. file. Thank you very much!
JRiver for music

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:51:29 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up