INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Image File Path – Change to inside file? MC18  (Read 997 times)

Jazz3215

• Recent member
Cover Art Image File Path – Change to inside file? MC18
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

Example #1 -  Image File Path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Center 18\Cover Art\Albums\Almedia - Brazilian Masters.jpg

Example #2 -  Image File Path
Spyro Gyra     Alternating Currents     Inside File

Is there a way to add the cover art image shown in example #1 into the wav files after it had previously
been ripped to the hard drive? In this example, the image is shown while playing as long as the related
jpg is located in the cover art directory.  But, if I temporarily remove the jpg image in the directory the
cover art won’t show during play.

In example #2 it shows that the cover art is ‘inside file’, this is what I want to have for all the files
that don’t have cover art image located inside the file.

Thanks,
  Alan

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Image File Path – Change to inside file? MC18
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:14:07 pm »

I am not sure images can be saved in waw files (I think not), but you could try this.

Select in Options to Also store image in the file's tag in the File Location - Cover Art section. Select one file (best to try it out first) that has a path to its cover art, right click on it and select Cover Art => Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory. Check if the cover art is stored inside the file after that operation. It works for me with flac and mp3 files.

A workaround would of course be to just leave the cover art image in its folder...

Jazz3215

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »

Yes you can and I have stored the cover art image inside wav files, as long as the correct options are set prior to ripping the music.
As in my example #2, that's what MC18 shows as the path of the image file, 'inside file'. I found out this information in my music file list by selecting image path.
I think what probably happened is that a good part of my music was ripped to the hard drive before using MC 15 & 16 and I believe those versions didn't allow the
image to be part of the wav file itself. What I want is for all my files have the image embedded inside the file.

I've already tried by removing the cover art for a particular file then adding it from the Cover Art directory.  It still shows that it isn't inside the file.
I'm trying to avoid having to re-rip all my cd's to accomplish this.

If I don't hear of anyone that knows a way to do this?, "after the fact", then I'll most likely just leave everything as is.

Thanks,  Alan

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »

Set the option to enable embedded cover art:

Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Also store image in file's tag

Right-click the media file, and use Library Tools > Cover Art > Add from File, and select the file to be used as the cover art.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Jazz3215

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 08:54:46 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I thought that I had checked 'Also store image in file's tag'.
I've used Media Center for a pretty long time now and should have rechecked my option settings.
It really didn't take that long to change the files that didn't have the image tag inside the file.

Alan  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up